[REMOVE ADS]

Al jarreau tribute alubum to george duke in stores tues., aug 5th

I think I'll be picking this one up for my birthday .
    Al Jarreau and George Duke were friends long before they became household names. They began playing together in the mid-1960's in San Francisco as Al Jarreau and the George Duke Trio. The successes of these performances are what helped to launch both their careers. George's tragic passing in August, 2013, inspired Al to record this loving tribute to his longtime friend. With the exception of the fitting title track composed by Jarreau, all the tunes were written by George. Guest artists/collaborators include Gerald Albright, Stanley Clarke, Dr. John, Lalah Hathaway, Boney James, Marcus Miller, Jeffrey Osborne, Kelly Price, Dianne Reeves and Patrice Rushen. There's even a song with George Duke playing on it! Name:  alj.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  27.1 KB

I never knew that Al and George were friends and had know each other for so long. Thanks for posting this. I hope it shows up where I can hear it for nothing. I'm really only interested
    in the tracks with Dianne Reeves and Lalah Hathaway. I haven't paid much attention to Kelly
    Price in years but who knows, maybe she'll surprise me. Wish Al had got Gregory Porter to
    sing on this, I'm so finished with Jeff O. Never bothered much with Boney James either..

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I never knew that Al and George were friends and had know each other for so long. Thanks for posting this. I hope it shows up where I can hear it for nothing. I'm really only interested
    in the tracks with Dianne Reeves and Lalah Hathaway. I haven't paid much attention to Kelly
    Price in years but who knows, maybe she'll surprise me. Wish Al had got Gregory Porter to
    sing on this, I'm so finished with Jeff O. Never bothered much with Boney James either..
    Gregory Porter would have been very nice.

Thanks for posting. I will go out this weekend and pick it up. I, too, didn't know they had history together. Crazy 'bout Ms Lalah.