[REMOVE ADS]

Upcoming Release? - Four Tops "On Top"

This looks interesting...did I miss it?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Four-Top...ords=four+tops
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 08-01-2014 at 02:58 PM.

That was a great album. I have two vinyl copies of it and will buy the CD version.

I would certainly welcome a paper sleeve mini LP version as this appears to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I would certainly welcome a paper sleeve mini LP version as this appears to be.
    Now that would be nice to have . I have been listening to my Four Tops 20th Century Masters collection in my car all week and I cannot get enough of the Four Tops music. It struck me how versatile they were. They covered and recorded some interesting material. From "MacArthur Park" to "Climb Every Mountain" and it all sounded great!

Now if someone would only release their last album on Motown, "Magic" from 1985, I could be happy again. LOL! It definitely ranks with some of their finest albums. Only "Sexy Ways" made it into the box set, but is a superb recording after all.

"Do What You Gotta Do" is simply wonderful. Would love a paper sleeve of Four Tops "Now".

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    "Do What You Gotta Do" is simply wonderful. Would love a paper sleeve of Four Tops "Now".
    You have great taste! I don't know why in the World various classic recordings by the Four Tops have lagged behind in the reissue dept.

I still wish someone would reissue their ABC/Dunhill catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I still wish someone would reissue their ABC/Dunhill catalog.
    I would love a second Four Tops box set even featuring all of their recordings after Motown including the ABC/Dunhill catalog, Red Top
    Riverside
    Columbia
    Casablanca
    Arista recordings

This CD is being released by Culture Factory On Oct 21, 2014 according to amazon.com

Was surprised to see the Culture Factory "Diana" mini LP and Temptations "All Directions" mini LP on sale in HMV Birmingham today [[but a bit more expensive than on Amazon). Also they have Diana Ross's "Touch Me In The Morning" expanded Hip-O CD in their 2 CDs for £10 offer [[as is the latest Motown Northern Soul CD set).

Well, ok, this is yet another release of the Tops "Reach Out" album on CD BUT taken in conjunction with the release of "On Top" maybe it's not too much to hope for a whole string of Tops mini-LPs including "Now".
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reach-Out-Fo...ords=four+tops