[REMOVE ADS]

Has Anyone Got The New CLUB MOTOWN CD ?

Has anyone gotten the new Club Motown CD?
    The only cut that I heard was THE BOSS. I love the whole mix, but especially the lush opening with the strings. I wonder how the mix on Don't Look Any Further is.

Motown sits at the roots of club culture.

After all, it's the label's hits - those glorious, seminal 45s - which soundtracked the Mod movement, before giving Northern Soul its beat.

Renowned producer, taste maker and remixer John Morales has stepped in to give some of the label's classic output a modern slant, adding his own voice to the process.

'John Morales Presents Club Motown' finds the producer re-working several classics, while also grabbing some lesser known cuts from the archive.

Ranging from Diana Ross and Mary Jane Girls, Rick James to The Temptations and even Teena Marie, the album is engrossing project which flips the Motown legacy on its head.

Late period classic 'The Boss' by Diana Ross is a sheer via moment, all glistening strings and a funky backbeat. Seizing upon those early disco influences, John Morales turns in a proto-house monster, all glamorous textures and Diana Ross' soaring, uplifting message of empowerment.

Check it out now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Lulu Guest
    Yes. I haven't listened to it bet - did a lot of crate digging this week and haven't given it a whirl yet. I'll post some thoughts when I do.

Thanks. I'm especially interested in Don't Look Any Further, which I think is on the CD

Lulu Guest
    It sure is!

I received my copy two days ago and have been enjoying it BIG TIME!