[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    smark21 Guest
    However in the past day or two I do see a couple of attempts to get around the new rules and feeling around here. Bokiluis writing Mary Wilson as "marywilson" while other Supremes are accorded the respect of having their names written as names [[i.e., Diana Ross, Cindy Birdsong). And this new thread in which a humor article throws shade at Cindy Birdsong and her kidnapping in a pretty disrespectful matter is another example.

All the Supremes should be treated and accorded with respect here. It's fair to critique performances/songs/albums that don't measure up in your opinion...their work is fair game. But treat the ladies with respect at all times. That's what I get from the new rules and so far peace has been maintained. Don't resort to passive aggressive measures to get digs in [[like lowercase or pasting articles). All that will result is people wanting to retaliate with similar measures and it will eventually escalate to direct attacks once again.

So if you can't bring yourself to type a name in a respectful way, then don't use their name and discuss them at all. And if you can't treat someone with respect, then just avoid them all together. That way peace will be maintained.

Smark,
    I don't think this can be construed as disrespect to Mary, but your point is made. At times in the past, the littlest things could foment problems for me.. Perhaps Bokiluis, you could put caps on the names as a preventative measure.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    If members are hiding behind screen names so they can make obnoxious posts, maybe it's time to drop their use. I could live with posting under my real name.
    I like the idea, but it is completely unenforceable. How are you going to verify that it is their real name?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    However in the past day or two I do see a couple of attempts to get around the new rules and feeling around here. Bokiluis writing Mary Wilson as "marywilson" while other Supremes are accorded the respect of having their names written as names [[i.e., Diana Ross, Cindy Birdsong). And this new thread in which a humor article throws shade at Cindy Birdsong and her kidnapping in a pretty disrespectful matter is another example.

All the Supremes should be treated and accorded with respect here. It's fair to critique performances/songs/albums that don't measure up in your opinion...their work is fair game. But treat the ladies with respect at all times. That's what I get from the new rules and so far peace has been maintained. Don't resort to passive aggressive measures to get digs in [[like lowercase or pasting articles). All that will result is people wanting to retaliate with similar measures and it will eventually escalate to direct attacks once again.

So if you can't bring yourself to type a name in a respectful way, then don't use their name and discuss them at all. And if you can't treat someone with respect, then just avoid them all together. That way peace will be maintained.
    The point of the new rules isn't for respecting the people we talk about, it's about US, the forum members. It's best not to call people out because it will no doubt cause dissention again. This is what the new rule is designed to stop.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post

I don't think he meant it that way either but who knows. I know there are plenty here who call Diana Ross "Diane" but that debate has been beaten to death as we know. I appreciate the civility lately and YouTube seems to be the only place where the trolls continue to come out.

So I think we have said enough about this. Just try and be respectful to the person you are referring to on any forum topic. It will make my life so much easier.