[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I also agree, but I'd hate to see the day when members would be afraid to make the odd irreverent jest or to indulge in light-hearted banter.
    They should be afraid to make any attack against another forum member. But, I think most people can tell the difference. If it's two people who get on well with each other, I don't think that could be considered hostile. But, if two people have a negative history, then it's probably a bad situation.

I think it's good to remember that, even though a poster may think his or her words are in jest, the target may not perceive them that way. I think the recipient of a "light-hearted" jab should be the judge of what is offensive. Why? Some people think they are being slick by sneaking in a little personal jab under the guise of it being just a little "ribbing". Just like a workplace, it can still be interpreted as hostility.
    Last edited by soulster; 07-31-2014 at 05:45 PM.