[REMOVE ADS]

Vote: 225-201 Republican House votes to sue President Obama

Fuckin' idiots! Yes, I said FUCKIN' IDIOTS!
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/cong...-obama-n168901

Not only is the vast majority of the public against this, this will do wonders to help Democrats raise money and to win seats in November.

They are just too dumb to believe! They can waste all this time and money to launch a suit against the President, but no time or effort on the needs of this country and it's citizens? Amazing how incredibly stupid and mean these people can be!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They are just too dumb to believe! They can waste all this time and money to launch a suit against the President, but no time or effort on the needs of this country and it's citizens? Amazing how incredibly stupid and mean these people can be!
    They lose either way. If they press on with it, they alienate and possibly lose independants, sensible republicans, motivate the Democratic base to vote, and help the Democrats raise money. If they don't sue, they anger their radical base, which controls the party now, risk losses at the polls, and look bad, showing the public that they really don't, haven't, and have no intention of ever doing anything positive.

Unfortunately, we can't hope for a landslide in a takeover of the House and state level seats because they Gerrymandered districts, and they have the balance of the Supreme Court on their side. But, if enough Democrats and frustrated indies get out and vote in November, we can hurt 'em.

Meanwhile, other forces are at work in attempting to take on the influence of Fox news.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    They lose either way. If they press on with it, they alienate and possibly lose independants, sensible republicans, motivate the Democratic base to vote, and help the Democrats raise money. If they don't sue, they anger their radical base, which controls the party now, risk losses at the polls, and look bad, showing the public that they really don't, haven't, and have no intention of ever doing anything positive.

Unfortunately, we can't hope for a landslide in a takeover of the House and state level seats because they Gerrymandered districts, and they have the balance of the Supreme Court on their side. But, if enough Democrats and frustrated indies get out and vote in November, we can hurt 'em.

Meanwhile, other forces are at work in attempting to take on the influence of Fox news.
    I hadn't looked at it that way. You are right!!! I will be out there voting in November and I am going to do my part to get others out for this all important Mid-term election. It's not going to go down this way! [[the way the Republicans that just hate Obama for being our elected President!).

Regardless of how the mid-terms go, this will stagnate the final two years of Obama's presidency and it will be what simple-minded people remember him for. They're going to try to trap him like they did with Clinton, hoping that he'll say something while deposed that they can come back and say is perjury. What concerns me beyond this is that Ruth Bader Ginsberg is getting creaky and will likely die or quit in the next few years. The Democrats need to take advantage of the opportunities presented by this bullshit or the nation will be set back for decades. Literally.

They've already hamstrung him from a foreign policy standpoint and they did their best to keep the economy in throes. It survived them in spite of their best efforts and now that things are turning around, they have to move the goal posts to make people think that the president failed when his presidency has been a success in spite of a bunch of America-hating obstructionists who put principle before national welfare.

The lawsuit has yet to be filed, and it can always be thrown out by a judge.

They will find a Bush appointee to hear it. I can see the game playing out. It's all fun and games at a crucial point in the world stage. They simply don't care.

That this is frivolous, and the house republicans are doing nothing constructive will become increasingly clear to the mostly clueless or misinformed public...right before the election. This may rally up their base to vote, but it will also rally up the democrats to vote, too. The only good thing is that, if it all works out correctly, there will be a high voting turnout of democrats in a congressional/gubernatorial election year. That will be a first!

I heard some legal expert say that the suit has no standing. The way it is written the plaintiff has to show how he/she was personally hurt by the actions of the defendant. I don't see that at all.

They are desperate to ruin Obama. Despite his lower poll ratings, he is still very popular, more popular than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    They are desperate to ruin Obama. Despite his lower poll ratings, he is still very popular, more popular than they are.
    That sums it up pretty well. They are getting more and more desperate. And they don't care who gets hurt in the process.

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in America anymore."

Immigration: I really wish Obama would simply emancipate the dreamers, but the democrats would pay dearly for it. Too much racism out there.

Last month, there was a townhall meeting in Texas and a woman stood up an proclaimed that the president went to central America and told their leaders to send their kids here. She was 100% serious about that. They can't find enough reasons to hate him, so they manufacture stuff. I'm sure they want to blame him for the Israeli crisis and the Ukrainian conflict.

They already have blamed him for the Israeli/Ukrainian problems. You can always tell a Fox news watcher, Rush Limbaugh listener, and a Sarah Palin lover. Everything they spew is right from the Karl Rove playbook.