[REMOVE ADS]

Cool September's releases from Cherry Red [[Uk)

Sept sees 2 expanded Edwin Starr albums...."Soul Master" and "Involved" plus a 2 fer by The Temptations " Bare Back /. Hear To Tempt You "

Website. Cherryred.co.uk

Motown's purchased Ric-Tic with the man Edwin Starr....YES!

But, on the other hand....Atlantic's Temptations....always feel that the Tempts are Motown. Perhaps it could be tried to understood that they strayed for a spell 1976-1980 to expand from their self-conceived dry spell, like Gladys Knight & the Pips and Four Tops successfully flourished post-Motown, but Temptations are Motown; that's what it is to me.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    I didn't know that Dennis Edwards had left the group in 1977. Did he continue to record for Motown during this period? Does anyone know the circumstances for him leaving the group?

Didn't Dennis Edwards record an album for Motown in 1977? Still unreleased as a whole, but I think a few tracks have slipped out over the years.

this was a HUGE club hit for Dennis Edwards on the Gordy label, to which he was signed as a solo..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji8OAJr_Vs8

And the 1984 album "Don't Look Any Further"
    http://www.discogs.com/Dennis-Edward...elease/1612778

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I didn't know that Dennis Edwards had left the group in 1977. Did he continue to record for Motown during this period? Does anyone know the circumstances for him leaving the group?
    When the Temptations left for Atlantic Records, Dennis stayed behind at Motown at recorded an unreleased album [[from my understanding). Louis Price replaced Dennis when the group went to Atlantic Records.

"Don't Look Any Further" was recorded and released in the 1980s. At this time, this was Dennis' second venture away from the Tempts.

If I'm not mistaken, what I read was that during the recording of the Wings Of Love album, Jeffrey Bowen had swollen Dennis' ego with the fact that he didn't need the Temptations, that he, Dennis was the Temptations.

Hi!

Dennis left the group for the FIRST time in late '76, because he and Teddy Pendergrass had decided to do a solo album.
    In an earlier thread I wrote a long quote from Dennis on this thing, but unforunately I'm now in such a hurry that I don't have time to rewrite it here. I'll try to find it later.

Best regards
    Heikki

Hi!

It's in the thread "Gordy Album Discography Part 1" from February 2013.

Best regards
    Heikki

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heikki View Post
    Hi!

It's in the thread "Gordy Album Discography Part 1" from February 2013.

Best regards
    Heikki
    I'll go search for it this morning.

Am I the only one bothered by Cherry Red not using standard CD jewel cases? When their case cracks and I want to replace it, I can't use a standard case because of the way the "spine" is awkwardly styled. Has anyone had that problem?