[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

First Listen: Smokey Robinson and Mary J. Blige are "Being" together

This "quiet storm" pairing is scorching HOT! Smokey Robinson's iconic material just doesn't get better than this. Brilliant new interpretation.

Smokey & Mary J. together. Who'd thunk it? Two generations together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    This "quiet storm" pairing is scorching HOT! Smokey Robinson's iconic material just doesn't get better than this. Brilliant new interpretation.
    Speaking of QUIET STORM, here are two legends - Smokey and John Legend - doing a duet of Quiet Storm

This wasn't as spectacular as I thought it might be. Of course, Mary J. blew Smoke out of the water, but I've heard her do the same with Elton John and Bono.

I guess maybe it's just a little creepy hearing a 75 year old hoot and holler about how he wants to "be with" someone half his age.

I liked it a lot but I won't be getting it. I'm fine with my Smokey collection being with Miracles or earlier solo releases. As far as Mary's singing, yes, she may be in her prime
    right now but I'll never forget that it took her 14 years of being in the business to learn
    how to properly sing, breathe and stay in key with much coaching from her elders like
    Chaka Khan. And BTW, Tony Bennett has dueted with k.d. lang, Lady Gaga and the late
    Amy Whinehouse; anybody have a problem with that?....