[REMOVE ADS]

Johnny Winter - "A True Bluesman" - Gone Too Soon

http://online.wsj.com/articles/blues...way-1405637240

Johnny Winter died July 17 on tour in Zurich.

Read the article above or Use the Google......but you will only scratch the surface of the man who, along with one of my best friends, sent me crying and screaming to the blues.....

Back in 1979 someone said "There are white guys that can really play the blues....but Johnny Winter is the only white man who really understands the blues enough that it comes through in his singing."

I will attest that the music he was most proud of was the set of albums he produced for Muddy Waters....resulting in 3 Grammys.....and the love was mutual.

https://soundcloud.com/mdmorning/bal...-johnny-winter

One of my personal faves.....the Robert Ross penned "Sitting in the Jailhouse"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex7e-n3vAF4

I heard that just today. Rest in peace Johnnny.

I read about this last week. I've criminally ignored most of his work, and now must investigate it.

Didn't he make a song named "Frankenstein" that was popular in the mid 70's?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I've criminally ignored most of FILL IN THE BLACK's work, and now must investigate it.
    I think I've said that about once a month for the past 30 years.....especially after reading posts here on SDF. Hell, up until about '77, you couldn't pay me to listen to a blues song. Fast forward to '88 and I listened to blues almost exclusively for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Didn't he make a song named "Frankenstein" that was popular in the mid 70's?
    CK.....that's Johnny's brother Edgar Winter. They look and sound very much alike.

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    CK.....that's Johnny's brother Edgar Winter. They look and sound very much alike.
    Thx for the clarification. I knew whoever made it's name was Winter. Is Edgar still living?
    That was a great song.

He was a great guitarist. He will be missed. I'm grateful we still have his music.

May he Rest In Peace...

~~Mary~~