[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    prerogative

Thank you Methuselah.

[[What can I say, Marv. After your previous post, I couldn't resist.)

Lulu Guest
    Wow this thread [[again) went south very quickly. I'll just weigh in here quickly: IGLMHDTW is one of my favorite Supremes songs from the final line up and was a HUGE hit in New York in the clubs...again David Mancuso at the Loft parties and Larry Levan at the Paradise Garage were very supportive of the ladies right through the end.

As for "Pedro" - wow. I don't even know what to say. Again, as a woman, I find any defense of him to be really beyond the pale. Mary detailed these events in her second book. Then again, some men think they have carte blanche to hit a woman so why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    [[What can I say, Marv. After your previous post, I couldn't resist.)
    Nah, I appreciate it in the spirit that it was given. I type too fast on here sometimes and even leave words out that I meant to post. thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Wow this thread [[again) went south very quickly. I'll just weigh in here quickly: IGLMHDTW is one of my favorite Supremes songs from the final line up and was a HUGE hit in New York in the clubs...again David Mancuso at the Loft parties and Larry Levan at the Paradise Garage were very supportive of the ladies right through the end.

As for "Pedro" - wow. I don't even know what to say. Again, as a woman, I find any defense of him to be really beyond the pale. Mary detailed these events in her second book. Then again, some men think they have carte blanche to hit a woman so why am I not surprised.
    Black radio was also very supportive of this Supremes single too!

Mary also still sees him regularly. She wrote about it, but it really is none of our business. If it is, I want you to tell me and I will feel free to talk about others private business.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mary also still sees him regularly. She wrote about it, but it really is none of our business. If it is, I want you to tell me and I will feel free to talk about others private business.
    Mary doesn't know you and we've proven that so I'd appreciate if you'd stop with the ruse.

Mary doesn't know you and we've proven that so I'd appreciate if you'd stop with the ruse.
    If that is what you believe, then good! Never bring it up again because it really is none of your business. I do not have any use for ruses [[sp?). You seem to have a problem with honesty and reality based on what you just said. Now, I am not going to sit here and tell you who you know or do not know because:

A) I do not know you.
    B) I don't give a flying flip!
    C) What would that have to do with this thread?

Lulu Guest
    If that is what you believe, then good! Never bring it up again because it really is none of your business. I do not have any use for ruses [[sp?). You seem to have a problem with honesty and reality based on what you just said. Now, I am not going to sit here and tell you who you know or do not know because:

A) I do not know you.
    B) I don't give a flying flip!
    C) What would that have to do with this thread?
    The Lord forgives the liars. May he lay his hands on you and bless you by removing Satan from your heart and mind. Miss Mary Wilson will be addressing what I already know as supremester has said. She is right with God and will speak his word: the truth.

I also offer this from Good Saint Dymphna:

Good Saint Dymphna, great wonder-worker in every affliction of mind and body, I humbly implore your powerful intercession with Jesus through Mary, the Health of the Sick, in my present need.

Saint Dymphna, martyr of purity, patroness of those who suffer with nervous and mental afflictions, beloved child of Jesus and Mary, pray to Them for me and obtain my request.

Saint Dymphna, Virgin and Martyr, pray for us.
    Last edited by Lulu; 07-28-2014 at 05:36 PM.

The Lord forgives the liars. May he lay his hands on you and bless you by removing Satan from your heart and mind. Miss Mary Wilson will be addressing what I already know as supremester has said. She is right with God and will speak his word: the truth.

I also offer this from Good Saint Dymphna:

Good Saint Dymphna, great wonder-worker in every affliction of mind and body, I humbly implore your powerful intercession with Jesus through Mary, the Health of the Sick, in my present need. [[Mention it.) Saint Dymphna, martyr of purity, patroness of those who suffer with nervous and mental afflictions, beloved child of Jesus and Mary, pray to Them for me and obtain my request.
    Saint Dymphna, Virgin and Martyr, pray for us.
    Whatever Roberta. Have a good evening.

Lulu Guest
    Whatever Roberta. Have a good evening.
    I am not Roberta. The Lord does not welcome impostors into his glorious kingdom. I am awaiting Miss Mary Wilson's statements surrounding the sins of deception, hatred and lies. All shall be made known and the Lord's true disciples on this forum and the blessed daughters Miss Mary Wilson, Miss Diana Ross and the spirit of dearly departed Florence Glenda Ballard Chapman will be at peace.

Hey Marvin! You beat me to it. Have a good evening buddy! I will email you privately within the next few days. Oh btw, as a kid in Detroit, I heard several times that the Ford Foundry workers endured temps of 120 degrees. Hot fun in the summertime.

I hope this post does not turn to mash potatoes. This is about the video lglmhdtw video, which except for a few minor flups with the difficult dance routines is a fine performance. The walking choreographed movements is part of the songs message .

supremester Guest
    When did you NOT feel free? "scuse me but I musta got you mixed up with Marv/Marysfan/DetroitLives?kurt...etc where you spout off regularly on Miss Ross' personal live via: color of husbands, # of baby daddies, romance before marriage, friends, drinking...... honey, you had me going for half a sec - God, love ya - LOLOLOL I could pull up 25 of your posts like that in 10 minutes blindfolded. Thanks for the laugh - I needed it!

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    When did you NOT feel free? "scuse me but I musta got you mixed up with Marv/Marysfan/DetroitLives?kurt...etc where you spout off regularly on Miss Ross' personal live via: color of husbands, # of baby daddies, romance before marriage, friends, drinking...... honey, you had me going for half a sec - God, love ya - LOLOLOL I could pull up 25 of your posts like that in 10 minutes blindfolded. Thanks for the laugh - I needed it!
    Oh dear..."kurtsupreme" as well? Lord, it may be time to watch Sybil and The Three Faces of Eve​ again! hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...LOL!

If people are as distressed by Marv as it appears, instead of making these thread so angry, you should compile his worst [[go to the archives and search them out) and send them to Mary Wilson.

Someone else did it and she was not happy.

And then the threads don't become such a bunch of unhappiness.

I see over time people gradually giving up and moving on. And I'm not sure this kind of posting can go on forever even if it is just a delete after delete after delete.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    If people are as distressed by Marv as it appears, instead of making these thread so angry, you should compile his worst [[go to the archives and search them out) and send them to Mary Wilson.

Someone else did it and she was not happy.

And then the threads don't become such a bunch of unhappiness.

I see over time people gradually giving up and moving on. And I'm not sure this kind of posting can go on forever even if it is just a delete after delete after delete.
    You sir are a beacon of truth. Yes all of the posts here and elsewhere have been re-compiled for Miss Wilson's review...as others have said, she will be addressing them soon!

I think that really is a better approach because these threads are unreadable and really, kind of embarrassing for Motown Fans and Ross and Supremes fans.

I can't imagine what Scherrie, Mary, Lynda think if they ever look in. I suppose they are used to it even at their level of celebrity.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I think that really is a better approach because these threads are unreadable and really, kind of embarrassing for Motown Fans and Ross and Supremes fans.

I can't imagine what Scherrie, Mary, Lynda think if they ever look in. I suppose they are used to it even at their level of celebrity.
    I've only heard from Scherrie and Mary on the subject...it ain't pretty!

OK... back to the original subject, I took the video, and fixed it. Now you all can see what a huge difference an improper aspect ratio makes in a video. This is what it looked like in it's original form, and as you can see, the gowns and the ladies look much better:

Jill - You did a great job on reconstituting the video. The routine is still a bit much for me: uninspired choreography with overpowering gowns that only add to the 'all-over-the-place' feel of the number. The gowns themselves are actually quite nice and fanciful but The Supremes look like they're drowning in choir robes. A much more streamlined version would have done the trick. But the black with the silver was a very attractive combination. Thanks very much for re-adjusting the clip--much more watchable now.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    OK... back to the original subject, I took the video, and fixed it. Now you all can see what a huge difference an improper aspect ratio makes in a video. This is what it looked like in it's original form, and as you can see, the gowns and the ladies look much better:

Wow! Jill, how were you able to do that? Now that is a major difference and more realistic to what we would have seen on television had this been broadcast in the U. S. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Hey Marvin! You beat me to it. Have a good evening buddy! I will email you privately within the next few days. Oh btw, as a kid in Detroit, I heard several times that the Ford Foundry workers endured temps of 120 degrees. Hot fun in the summertime.
    Hey! I look forward to it Detmotownguy. Oh and from my Uncle Bill, the paint booth at Chrylser was no picnic either!

supremester Guest
    Holy Canoli - you are amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post

Better quality looks a whole lot better