[REMOVE ADS]

How did I miss this Phyllis Hyman release?

In the years following Phyllis' passing, we were inundated with one release after another, some containing new material and some just re-packaging all our old favorites. I grabbed them all or so I thought I had until today when I saw one on Spotify that I don't think I knew about.

It is called Groove With You. It has a glamour-type photo on the front [[didn't they all?) and contains nine tracks. As near as I can tell from listening to samples, the first half are ballads and the second half uptempo songs. I did not recognize any songs as being any that appeared on other releases.

What do we know about this release?

Hi David,

Most of those songs have been released as early as the 70s & about 4 of the unreleased ones
    are from a 1998 compilation from a tribute album. You might want to check this out...
    http://www.discogs.com/Phyllis-Hyman...elease/3071219
    Last edited by juicefree20; 07-27-2014 at 06:53 AM.