Hi-Five
    The Emotions
    The Chi-Lites
    Bones Thungs & Harmony
    Peaches & Herb
    Troop
    Rick James [[UNSUNG??)

Your thoughts ....
    Great lineup and no Rick James is not Unsung. It will be nice to get another perspective on Rick. I'm really looking forward to the Emotions segment. There is a story there that I hope gets told mainly during their hiatus like why Sheila didn't tour for awhile, why Jeanette is not singing with her sisters, and the role Joe Jr and Joe senior played with their organization. I would like to know about Adrien Harris and Theresa Davis stint as Emotions as well.

I personally like this lineup better than last season. HiFive is that male group from Texas?

Am aware time goes by, as well as seasons, that nineties is becoming "old", as much as I love Montell Jordan, but there's still quite a bunch of eighties, seventies, and why not sixties, to do? And once again, the "rap" episode, other than Fat Boys / Heavy D & the Boys, will be ignored.

But, looking forward to Chi-Lites, Emotions, Peaches & Herb, hoping will focus on the sixties Peaches peroid as well.

And Rick James, I don't consider him "unsung", other than the annoying fact that most people still recognizes him solely for "Superfreak" - when he's got "You and I", "Mary Jane", "Bustin' Out", "Give It To Me Baby", "Ghetto Life", "Dance Wit Me", "69 Times", "Cold Blooded", "Glow", "Moon Child", and be sure to mention Stone City Band, Teena Marie, Mary Jane Girls, Process & the Doo Rags, and Val Young as well....Eddie Murphy....OK, Eddie Murphy too.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 07-26-2014 at 01:17 AM.

thomas96 Guest
    Needs a BOBBY TAYLOR episode.

This season's line-up includes:
    Montell Jordan Always thought he was actually...overated
    Hi-Five [[zzzzzzzz.....)
    The Emotions YES!
    The Chi-Lites YES!
    Bones Thungs & Harmony As far as 85 percent of rappers if they hit once they been sung
    enough...
    Peaches & Herb As there were 2 or maybe 3 Peaches this could be interesting...
    Troop [[see Hi Five above)
    Rick James [[UNSUNG??) No, Rick is not unsung and I wish someone else was picked but
    I'd bet they are going to reveal a lot of facts of his career and life that even
    legions of his fans didn't know -!-Caught myself, almost gave stuff away
    Anyway, these are just my thoughts. You asked...

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Needs a BOBBY TAYLOR episode.
    I really, genuinely, hate to say it - as if there's any justice, he'd be someday at least be recognized for his contributions with the Jackson Five - but, "Does Your Mama Know About Me" and "Malinda" - I love them - but cult favorites they still remain to be. But hey, maybe someday. Was there ever a Tommy Chong Biography? Maybe Bobby Taylor and the gang were also mentioned somewhere in there.

Myself, unsung yet to be Unsung: Intruders, Dramatics, Moments, and Bloodstone would be cool, but foremost: Patrice Rushen.

Never hurts for some more Gospel singers-groups based episodes too, at least one per season.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 07-26-2014 at 01:32 PM.

[QUOTE=Ngroove;243614]I really, genuinely, hate to say it - as if there's any justice, he'd be someday at least be recognized for his contributions with the Jackson Five - but, "Does Your Mama Know About Me" and "Malinda" - I love them - but cult favorites they still remain to be. But hey, maybe someday. Was there ever a Tommy Chong Biography? Maybe Bobby Taylor and the gang were also mentioned somewhere in there.

You just reminded me that I had promised myself I'd read Tommy Chong's autobiography
    years ago but in cleaning up the debris of a former life I'd forgotten all about it. Tommy's actually written at least two books. I placed a hold on the Cheech and Chong book 5 minutes
    ago with my library but you're right: Cult figures Bobby and his group remain despite his bringing Michael Jackson to the attention of the world.
    Oh, and an Unsung on Patrice Rushen would be sweeeeeettttt!!!!......

I've been pitching for a Unsung of Detroit's own Dramatics. One of the best R&B groups of the 70's. Hope it happens eventually.

I'm looking forward to the episodes on the Emotions, the Chi-Lites, Peaches and Herb, and Martha Wash.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I'm looking forward to the episodes on the Emotions, the Chi-Lites, Peaches and Herb, and Martha Wash.
    I am looking forward to Chi-lites, Emotions, and Peaches and Herb too. Is an episode on Martha Wash scheduled or is it just wishful thinking ?

I'd love an episode about her. She was the voice on so many hit songs , usually uncredited.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I am looking forward to Chi-lites, Emotions, and Peaches and Herb too. Is an episode on Martha Wash scheduled or is it just wishful thinking ?

I'd love an episode about her. She was the voice on so many hit songs , usually uncredited.
    They've been showing Martha, along with the Emotions and Montell Jordan, in the recent ads for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

I believe you are right that Martha Wash is also part of this season's line-up. Forgot to mention that

Saw the Montell Jordan Unsung last night. Was actually pretty good.

Name:  unsung.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  54.3 KB Forgot to mention Wilson Pickett and yes Martha Wash will be featured