[REMOVE ADS]

Jet Magazine Final issue

As we all know by now, Jet Magazine stopped printing a physical copy of the magazine a couple of weeks ago. Looks like 2 Motown artist made the cover of the final issue.

http://www.jetmag.com/news/jet-final...-is-our-story/

Lulu Guest
    Thanks for sharing this. I thought I spotted Mr. Gordy at the bottom but it was TD Jakes!

Actually three Motown artists made the final cover: Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson,and Diana Ross.

Lulu Guest
    We can throw Pryor in the mix as well...wasn't he in 3 Motown films and emcee of M25?

I totally forgot about Marvin. Yes make that 3. I guess I should have included Richard Pryor as well. Motown sure did make an impact.

Definitely Richard Pryor belongs. Interesting because I thought I saw Berry Gordy too; and I wasn't sure that Marvin was Marvin.

Lots of good covers, all the appropriate icons.

Oh, I couldn't see Michael. Can someone guide me?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Oh, I couldn't see Michael. Can someone guide me?
    Michael is just above Prince [[lower right hand corner)

Of course!

Nice picture of Aretha Franklin.

My family has subscribed to Jet Magazine since the 1950's. I had my own subscription beginning in the late 70's. I have watched it change in size and scope over the decades. There are still copies my father had at my parents home where the newstand price was .15 cents! It was considered the Bible of the Black Community during the years I was growing up. The internet and other news outlets have made it hard for Jet to survive as a weekly news source. I still have hundreds of my old copies.

Jet magazine used to be the ish in my mom and dad's times and it was the ish when I was coming up but as I got older, it stopped being fun to read. So while I have memories, I can also go "good riddance". Least EBONY would keep going for a little while...