[REMOVE ADS]

Upcoming Motown Releases

The release of the Diana Ross CDs has caused me to wonder if any of the labels that have been licensed to release classic Motown artists [[Ace, etc.) have announced any upcoming products.

I know that Ace recently came out with a CD by The Contours. Is there anything else in the pipeline from this or other music companies? Thanks!

I don't have any information to impart and this is not Motown per se, but what has become of the promised Martha Reeves' Arista album? I am looking forward to that one. But please...Let's have some Motown news too!!!!

Isn`t there a expanded "Supremes A` Go-Go" in production?

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I don't have any information to impart and this is not Motown per se, but what has become of the promised Martha Reeves' Arista album? I am looking forward to that one. But please...Let's have some Motown news too!!!!
    The Martha Reeves album is still in the pipeline at FunkyTownGrooves along with the 3 Dionne Arista albums.

Thanks, Lulu ... I forgot that one.

Good catch ... and Martha is always "Motown" in our minds! :-)

Which Dionne albums? Hadn't heard about those. Haven't all her Arista albums already been released and re-released on multiple occasions?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Which Dionne albums? Hadn't heard about those. Haven't all her Arista albums already been released and re-released on multiple occasions?
    According to the Funkytowngrooves Facebook page, they will release:

Dionne Warwick [[Finder Of Lost Loves) 1985 2 CD Deluxe Edition
    Dionne Warwick [[No Night So Long) Unreleased Gems 2 CD Deluxe Version
    Dionne Warwick [[How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye) 1983 Expanded Edition

Release dates TBA

Am pretty content as it is with what is out there [[4 Japanese Import Motown-Universal CDs down, 96 more to go!), but, what else of Motown is coming, than the Big Break Records, which I plan on at least High Inergy and Lenny Williams, all the same?

Personally, just a sliver of my requests, album reissues only:

- More Junior Walker & the All-Stars
    - More Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
    - More Marvelettes, individualized rather than just the "Forever" sets, one of them is overpriced.
    - Some early 70s Supremes, individualized rather than just the "This Is The Story" set, that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY overpriced.
    - Edwin Starr "Soul Master"
    Last edited by Ngroove; 07-25-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Am pretty content as it is with what is out there [[4 Japanese Import Motown-Universal CDs down, 96 more to go!), but, what else of Motown is coming, than the Big Break Records, which I plan on at least High Inergy and Lenny Williams, all the same?

Personally, just a sliver of my requests, album reissues only:

- More Junior Walker & the All-Stars
    - More Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
    - More Marvelettes, individualized rather than just the "Forever" sets, one of them is overpriced.
    - Some early 70s Supremes, individualized rather than just the "This Is The Story" set, that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY overpriced.
    - Edwin Starr "Soul Master"
    It appears that one of your requests will be granted in September by the UK label BBR [[Big Break Records). A greatly expanded release of "Soul Master" is scheduled for September 8.

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/bigbreak-exd.asp?id=4788

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing But Soul View Post
    It appears that one of your requests will be granted in September by the UK label BBR [[Big Break Records). A greatly expanded release of "Soul Master" is scheduled for September 8.

and also:

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/bigbreak-exd.asp?id=4789

RossHolloway Guest
    That is great news about Edwin Starr, I'm looking forward to these releases.

2 Willie Hutch [[post-Motown) Whitfield Records are being given a cd issue by Real Gone on September2

http://www.realgonemusic.com/

Real Gone and Cherry Red are both great labels. Their reissues are very high quality. They release a lot of complete single sets on 60s artists. I believe the owner of Real Gone Music used to run Collector's Choice, the great mail order site which also produces its own reissues.

Will love to hear the Edwin Starr and Willie Hutch sets! Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing But Soul View Post

AWESOMESAUCE! Thanks for the quick reply - but September 8? Almost "AWWWW NUTS!", but between then, I'll probably be busyin' fillin' up on some CD digitalized 60s Marvin Gaye, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, Chuck Jackson, and Hearts of Stone. Good days, at least on the online markets, to be a Motown maniac!

Great news about the Dionne sets!