[REMOVE ADS]

Any Silver Convention fans out there?

Please note

This image is a general representation of the album cover, but the actual product may differ slightly in terms of color shading, logo placement, borders, or other small details. If the item offered is a used, second-hand item, please note that there may be some cosmetic differences as well.

Get Up & Boogie [[with bonus tracks) [[aka Silver Connection)

CD [[Item 706016) Success/Big Break [[UK), 1976 — Condition: New Copy

$14.99 ... CD

The Euro, Yen, and Pound prices listed here are all approximate prices, to be used for comparison purposes only. They are updated every day based on
    currency rates quoted to us by our bank -- but understand that the final rate charged to you by your bank may differ.

A smash hit from Silver Convention – thanks to the dark pop disco hit "Get Up & Boogie", the leadoff tune on this surprisingly strong set! The strength of the album really comes from the masterful blend of strings, beats, and piano from arranger/producer/keyboardist Silvester Levay – who manages to keep a lot of space in the grooves, and create a sense of darkness in places you wouldn't expect – almost a coldness that predates the European dancefloor sound of the 80s, and nicely warmed up by the trio of ladies singing lead vocals. The album was issued in the US as Silver Convention, on Midland International, and as Get Up And Boogie in Europe – and this great CD version from Big Break UK adds 3 bonus tracks! Titles include "Get Up & Boogie", "Play Me Like A Yo Yo", "No No Joe", "Old Wine In New Bottles", "Thank You Mr DJ", and "You Turned Me On By You Can't Turn Me Off" – plus bonus 12" disco versions of "Get Up And Boogie" and "No, No, Joe", andan alternate disco mix of "Get Up And Boogie". © 1996-2014, Dusty Groove, Inc.

Great album! I did a needledrop of it years ago because it hadn't yet appeared on any CD.

It would have been nice if the artwork had been standardized in all markets. Here's the cover we got here in the U.S.:
    Name:  silver 2.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  89.9 KB

I was a big fan of Silver Convention when I was little. I love their two first albums! I have Save Me on CD and I still have to get their second one on CD. Aside from "Fly Robin Fly" and "Get Up and Boogie" I love "No No Joe," "San Francisco Hustle," "Heart of Stone," "I Like It," etc... I'm glad I am not alone in my love for this group.

I'm a huge fan. Great use of strings and but sounding distinctly different to strings by Van McCoy or Barry White. Everybody's Talking' About Love would be my favourite followed by You've Got What It Takes.

Love Silver Convention I used to think of them as a Girl Group with the Chic Sound. I remember when Penny Mclean one of the members put out this record called Lady Bump it was hilarious but it had a good sound and she screams a little in it. Its too bad they didnt have names that were known to the public because I think they could have had more hits.

The creator and brains behind Silver Convention was Michael Kunze.

After reading this thread, I realize that I really don't have enough of their albums in my collection. I need to correct that.

Lulu Guest
    Wow! I was just contemplating buying some more stuff by them! Thanks for all the deets!

They were originally their producer's project, and their first album was done with studio musicians and singers. However, as "Fly Robin Fly" became such a big international hit, they hired three ladies, Penny, Linda and Ramona, none of their voices were on the first album, were hired to promote the singles and the album. That was why they always lip-synched whenever they performed "Fly Robin Fly" on TV. So their beginning was same as Milli Vanillim, but the difference was that these three ladies could sing. Therefore, on the second album, you can hear their voices, and they obviously sound different from the ones on the first.

Unfortunately they have never been taken seriously by most of music fans because
    1) They were the producer's project.
    2) They were the disco group.
    3) They were not exactly a girl group, they were more like a disco instrumental music with female vocals although their music became more girl group-ish later.

However, their first album was musically very tight, and deserves some recognition. Also their third album, "Mad House" which was a concept album, was very good indeed.
    The first album was put on the CD about 15 years ago, but still I am waiting for the third one to come out on CD.

On "Fly Robin Fly", Penny, Ramona and Linda were lip-synching to some one else's voices.
    Obviously the producers hired three attractive ladies to promote their music, but these three ladies could sing.

Last edited by blue; 07-26-2014 at 04:54 PM.

On "Get up and Boogie" they were really singing.

"Fancy Party" from their third album "mad House" as Rhonda replaced "Linda."

This is the video I just found, which they perform their first single "Save Me."
    The interesting point is that the tall Black lady is Ramona, and the White one looks Linda but not sure, then the third one, the short dark skin one in the orange dress, is not Penny, or even not Rhonda???
    The up-loader of this video noted "Original line up with the first single released in 1975 "Save Me"
    Was this lady just a stand in for Penny, or was she in the group before Penny?
    Can anybody clarify it?

"Telegram" from their fourth album, Ramona, Rhonda and Penny [[left to right).
    Their music has evolved from the disco to the Euro-pop girl group-ish.

Then I found this.
    "Always Another Girl" from their first album with the picture sleeve for the single release.
    And there is the short dark skin girl again!
    So she was not just a stand in, she was in the group before Penny.
    Wow, I did not know that.

And this is Jackie Carter, who was one of the ladies of the female vocals on the Silver Convention's first album.

And Penny performs her signature hit "Lady Bump" and this is not lip-synching.
    I have heard/read somewhere that screaming part was done by someone else.
    Actually on this video, it looks like she is doing it, but you can lose your voice if you scream that much in the middle of the song. Any thought?

And Ramona's live performance of "please don't Change the Cords" which is the last song of their first album.
    This looks like her live performance with the pre-recorded track, and the interesting thing is that this sounds very close to the one on their first album, which she was not supposed to be on.
    Hmmmmm, now I am confused.
    Regardless of who was really on the original recording of this song, Ramona did well here.

And this is Linda's "Oh, What a Night"
    Since Silver Convention was their producer's game/business, they try to sell their products as the way they like to do, as the group or as the solo.

Here's Ramona's "Parlez Moi D'amor" which was the disco version of Frebch Chanson standard.
    The German singer performs the old French song in French and English, that does not happen in American TV.
    Even she later covered the "Flash Dance" in German.
    Clearly Euro is more international than U.S.

And this is how they look now, actually in 2009.
    I do not know what they are saying as I do not speak German.
    Can anybody help me?