[REMOVE ADS]

My Story - Liz Lands

Sorry if this has already been posted - not seen it myself until today.

Well, John.....what a great find! Liz in her own words. She takes no prisoners! And didn't she make absolute mincemeat out of Ian Levine. Thanks for this post! John

Amazing to watch; I've always wanted to learn more about this "mystery" Motown artists. Thanks for sharing.

Now, with all due respect, is Miss Liz a bit into the bottle?

Here's where the rumors start.....

Can't wait to see the whole video. I love Liz Lands voice. I really like her work with Hamilton Bohannon. Glad to see this interview pop up since there was so little written about here. Thanks for the post.

Many thanks, Tbfxt, for unearthing this video. Fascinating from start to finish. Afterwards, it sent me straight to YouTube for more of Liz's music. She had a truly remarkable voice.

Very interesting interview by Liz Lands. This is more than I ever knew about her and am thankful that she at least got the chance to tell part of her story before she passed.

Good Lord!...I am so gonna have to make time to watch this when I'm at home this week...

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Here's where the rumors start.....
    mj-

I wasn't trying to start a rumor; just asking a legit question. Anyone watching it can tell there is something clearly amiss with Ms. Lands. Perhaps it's something medical. I thought I would just ask what others might be thinking; if I offended you, I apologize.

Well, John.....what a great find! Liz in her own words. She takes no prisoners! And didn't she make absolute mincemeat out of Ian Levine. Thanks for this post! John
    Most Motorcity records sold so poorly I doubt there would have been any royalties due to her.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    mj-

I wasn't trying to start a rumor; just asking a legit question. Anyone watching it can tell there is something clearly amiss with Ms. Lands. Perhaps it's something medical. I thought I would just ask what others might be thinking; if I offended you, I apologize.
    No, MB, I wasn't offended per se, but I just have a hard time when something is suggested that can cast a certain negative light on someone that can't possibly be proven. That IS how rumors start. I just think, especially with what happens on the Supremes threads that run amok, that we should be careful with peoples reputations. Just my thought. I've worked in psychiatry for years, and I've seen people branded with certain diagnoses based on behaviors they exhibited, and after more thorough investigation, those diagnoses were incorrect...yet the "brand" lingered...quite erroneously...and unfairly.

Amen Johnny! There are a myriad number of reasons that Ms. Lands may have a noticeable speech issue. She could be suffering from a lack of dental care, have been in a car accident, or have any other number of degenerative disease issues. We should not jump to conclusions. I agree that most Supremes threads are unbearable for this reason and that is a real shame, as I have learned a lot in my short time here.

I found her story completely fascinating. The next time I go to my favorite record store [[yes, record, not CD) I will look her up to see if I can find anything. That video was compelling and wonderful.

P.S. I'm still listening every week but have stopped posting due to the aforementioned nastiness on this board.

Clarification: This is not directed at marybrewster. Please don't take offense.
    Last edited by thanxal; 07-23-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Brent....absolutely! And Liz was compelling, as you said. Glad you're still listening...check your message box here...I want to mention something! Thanks! John

No, MB, I wasn't offended per se, but I just have a hard time when something is suggested that can cast a certain negative light on someone that can't possibly be proven. That IS how rumors start. I just think, especially with what happens on the Supremes threads that run amok, that we should be careful with peoples reputations. Just my thought. I've worked in psychiatry for years, and I've seen people branded with certain diagnoses based on behaviors they exhibited, and after more thorough investigation, those diagnoses were incorrect...yet the "brand" lingered...quite erroneously...and unfairly.
    I clearly understand your point and shouldn't have been so quick to judge. I offer my apologies to those I might have offended. It was not my intention to tarnish the name or the reputation of Ms. Lands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvunNyvUmKM

Love the song......the hair-do....not so much.

I enjoyed the video a lot; great to hear her side of things though I do think she exaggerated
    her vocal range a bit. Six octaves? Neither Ella or Sarah could have claimed that...Anyway,
    she sure ripped Ian Levine a new one, didn't she?...Love you, Liz...I was kinda doing house
    work as I listened to this so maybe I missed it but I was hoping there'd be some mention of
    her time with Hamilton Bohanon....