[REMOVE ADS]

Frank Sinatra embarrasses himself with the 5th Dimension

I've always said on message boards many times over the years that Frank Sinatra's pitch is really not very good, and his phrasing on standards and ballads, as well as his tone quality is what puts him over. Here, he looks and sounds like a fool, and singing with them, you can hear just how off his pitch really is, because you KNOW that the 5th dimension are Right. On. the. Money. And he obviously doesn't know how to phrase a pop song, either.

That was rather fun to watch. I miss Frank Sinatra.

So do I. I thought Frank did pretty good in that setting which I know was outside of his
    usual mode.No, he didn't have the moves of the FD but he gave it what he had and I
    appreciated it. Loved him with Count Basie I have to say.Where's that footage?...

I didn't get to see Sinatra until one of his final arena tours in the seventies. Though his voice was "no longer what it once was", I was on a mission to see as many of the greats that I could before they transitioned. Frank always tried to stay in an adult contemporary mode at the time......and much of the material like "Sweet Blindness", a Laura Nyro[[?) composition didn't necessarily compliment his attributes. But like having a rare opportunity to see La Baker on her final tour, I felt lucky. This feels very late 60s/early 70s, as classic rock was taking hold and artist like Sinatra, Sammy and La Baker tried their best to make it work. Sometimes it did and other times.......

Sinatra retired end of 1970 for 3 years.....