I could not let the summer, go, by without expressing my joy and delight in seeing the album High energy" plastered in billboard in the summer of 1976. The album along with the single "i'm gonna let my heart do the walkIng" were both doing respectable business. The album opens with new comer susaye greene's bombastic 5 octave lead vocal on the lead track high energy, while we all heard that cindy whose voice is present on all the bkg tracks had jumped ship again and replaced by susaye. The album was loaded with 4 juicy uptempo dance tunes 3 by scherrie 1 by susaye one moderate dance track "your whats missing in my life" bw of walking with mary and scherrie on lead and cindy singing bkg on all the tracks and 3 ballads featuring mary wilson. The album project had some pleasant surprises we have yet to hear, scherie and cindys leads on the high energy track still lost somewhere, as well as susayes lead on the "let my heart do the walking" released on the let yourself go the 70' albums vol. 2. Whats really interesting is that the original mixes were delivered by russ terrena to quality control and rejected by motown according to the liner notes on the box set and then on march 30th 76 , fred ross no relation to diana remixed the project which became the album we brought in 76 which went to number 42,. Both mixes are on the box set. The single had an interesting chart life it debut at number 70 the following week 60 then 50, and it stopped at 40, where I was disappointed, but still both projects brought the group new life, and they were on tv everywhere dinah shore, soul train mike douglas, etc. And after the death of florence ballard a few months earlier the supremes needed this. I am sure mary wilson was ecstastic if not jumping for joy over its success becoming the 2nd best selling supremes album of the 70, s. Mary dedicated Dont let my teardrops bother you to flo on stage. Ànd scherrie, mary susaye and cindy get accolades for a fine project.

Ironically "Right on" released 6 yrs earlier was also released and hitting number 25 during the same period 6 yrs earlier..