[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    first of all Jean did a great job on leads with the supremes but eventually with all the personal changes it took a toll on the group.
    secondly the supreme suffered as others, when Motown moved to LA. BG should have kept the Detroit location open .even Ross singles got lost in the shuffle.
    third, BG offered to manage the group again but MW stated she didn't want to lose control of the group .
    how does one complain the record co isn't doing enough when the owner offers to manage you personally, ?? Pedro Ferror shouldn't have managed the group.
    the group sounded good on these albums and I think a return to form.
    I loved the last 3 LPs. The personnel changes weren't many with Jean, only Cindy was replaced by Lynda when she left to have her son. Cindy did return 18 months later with Jean's replacement, Scherrie. I don't think Mary Wilson trusted Berry Gordy to manage the group, especially if he told her he washed his hands of the group when Mary didn't back his plan to replace Jean with Syreeta. I really don't blame her for her mistrust and feeling she needed to be protected in the group. Granted, Pedro Ferrer may not have had the skillset to deal with Motown and managing the Supremes but I can see Wilson's point of view as the lone original member that she should have control, dignity and respect which still to this day is not afforded to her.

I agree mary gave pedro, too much power and it sort of backfired when scherrie cindy and susaye, got fed up, with it. I also heard that pedro was responsible for outting cimdy for resons im still not sure of .