[REMOVE ADS]

Brian holland - shock 1958

I adore this track. Great reminder for me.

I never knew of this. Funnily his voice then is so similar to the way he speaks now in some ways.

For anyone who doesn't know ... this is Eddie singing. The A side, "[[Where's The Joy) In Nature Boy", was effectively a commercial [[for a new brand of wine that was coming out), and Eddie didn't want his name on the record. [As told to Ace Records, in an interview for his double-CD - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moves-Me-Com...=eddie+holland . See - I'm not too shy to do a commercial!]

Well, they do sound pretty similar when they talk!!

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    For anyone who doesn't know ... this is Eddie singing. The A side, "[[Where's The Joy) In Nature Boy", was effectively a commercial [[for a new brand of wine that was coming out), and Eddie didn't want his name on the record. [As told to Ace Records, in an interview for his double-CD - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moves-Me-Com...=eddie+holland . See - I'm not too shy to do a commercial!]
    Wow! Thanks for that great info!

Never heard this. Thanks Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    For anyone who doesn't know ... this is Eddie singing.
    This sounds very much like Jackie Wilson, which of course was Eddie's stock-in-trade as a vocalist. I've always felt, also, that the lead on "Don''t Leave Me Starving For Your Love" sounds like Eddie as well, but that vocal is also credited to Brian.
    Last edited by BigAl; 07-18-2014 at 05:18 PM.