[REMOVE ADS]

Ivy jo hunter unreleased tracks

I found this 13 minute youtube clip of Ivy Jo Hunter so-callled "unreleased' tracks".

I recognise some tracks as compositions released on Chuck Jackson and Isley Brothers. Any one out there throw any light on these tracks? Born to Love You sounds for sure it's Ronald Isley, not Ivy Jo.
    Which tracks are vocals by Ivy Jo? Any of these tracks from his proposed album? Are any of the vocals by Ivy Jo?

No Good Without You also sounds Isleyish. Could Ivy Jo have sounded that much like Ron Isley if they were demos he made for them?

thomas96 Guest
    Ivy Jo is singing on all of those, 100%. The one song I'm dying to find out what it is is the one that starts around 8:15 in the video... Uploader said he thought it was called "Be Happy Now" but couldn't find any info on it. Also, this is Ivy's real version of Ask The Lonely, the other one is Tommy Good, though it has been advertised as Ivy Jo. Four Tops also did a version of "I Can't Escape Your Memory" and Marvin, the Temptations and Ivy Jo all did versions of "Only A Lonely Man Would Know" all full can be found on youtube. Marvin's was the only one issued at the time though. Born To Love You is different than the Isley's version slightly, and is Ivy Jo singing a demo.

Tommy Good's version of "Ask The Lonely" has never been located in the vaults. Ivy Jo insists that the version attributed to Tommy Good on Motown Treasures is himself. As that version doesn't sound particularly like the same vocalist as on youtube, it demonstrates that he was capable of changing his voice, so I believe it is him and not the Isleys on "Born to Love You".

8:15 - Life Can Be Anything

honest man Guest
    Wow John where did you pull that from,did you get to Cleethorpes,im doing Skegness Chuck Jackson Tommy Hunt etc in September

Tommy Good on "Ask The Lonely"...

Interesting set of tracks. But why did the person edit them all down to just a minute or two? We want the whole songs!

I think the vocal on "Ask the Lonely" sounds just like Ivy Jo. I don't hear much difference in the vocal at all. I'll have to listen to Tommy Good's version, but the version on these clips sure didn't sound like TG to me.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    8:15 - Life Can Be Anything
    Anyone else record it? Was it ever released on CD by Ivy? No info on it on DFTMC.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Interesting set of tracks. But why did the person edit them all down to just a minute or two? We want the whole songs!

I think the vocal on "Ask the Lonely" sounds just like Ivy Jo. I don't hear much difference in the vocal at all. I'll have to listen to Tommy Good's version, but the version on these clips sure didn't sound like TG to me.
    I asked him about them, and he said he'd sell the tracks individually... For 250 gbp per song!!! Outrageous amount IMO. Guess he's trying to make a big payday on some desperate chump willing to pay that much for a recording that you could certainly find elsewhere. The uploader got them from contacts in Detroit, and I'm sure there are others out there with copies. I've been tempted to buy the song at 8:15, but not at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    I asked him about them, and he said he'd sell the tracks individually... For 250 gbp per song!!! Outrageous amount IMO. Guess he's trying to make a big payday on some desperate chump willing to pay that much for a recording that you could certainly find elsewhere. The uploader got them from contacts in Detroit, and I'm sure there are others out there with copies. I've been tempted to buy the song at 8:15, but not at that price.
    Does 250 gbp mean 250 pounds? Yikes!

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Does 250 gbp mean 250 pounds? Yikes!
    Yeah.. I don't have the pounds symbol on my keyboard...

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Tommy Good's version of "Ask The Lonely" has never been located in the vaults. Ivy Jo insists that the version attributed to Tommy Good on Motown Treasures is himself. As that version doesn't sound particularly like the same vocalist as on youtube, it demonstrates that he was capable of changing his voice, so I believe it is him and not the Isleys on "Born to Love You".
    The version of Motown Treasures isn't Ivy, and you are right it isn't Tommy Good either... Could it be Deke Richards?

No, it's Mickey Stevenson.

I suggested it was Mickey Stevenson some time ago, but Ivy Hunter said it was him. Maybe he didn't know which version we were referring to.

As I understand it, Ivy Jo told HW after he was sent the Treasures version to listen to.