[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    You can see the track listing on Second Disc.

http://theseconddisc.com/2014/07/23/...es/#more-25871

Lulu Guest
    A quick update from FTG:

BREAKING NEWS FROM MICHAEL PATRICK COLEMAN REGARDING THE RCA RE-ISSUES!!!! "GREAT news if you're interested in the Funky Town Grooves reissues of our girl's RCA albums. I've secured us an additional 10% off of the already discounted pre-order price, valid until August 30th. Add the code ROSS10 at the basket stage of the preorder process on funkytowngrooves.com. I just ordered mine, and it works. ENJOY! SPREADIN' LOVE!"
    Thank you Michael Patrick Coleman

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    A quick update from FTG:

BREAKING NEWS FROM MICHAEL PATRICK COLEMAN REGARDING THE RCA RE-ISSUES!!!! "GREAT news if you're interested in the Funky Town Grooves reissues of our girl's RCA albums. I've secured us an additional 10% off of the already discounted pre-order price, valid until August 30th. Add the code ROSS10 at the basket stage of the preorder process on funkytowngrooves.com. I just ordered mine, and it works. ENJOY! SPREADIN' LOVE!"
    Thank you Michael Patrick Coleman
    So the people who already preordered loose out?

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    So the people who already preordered loose out?
    I'd go ahead and shoot them a message to clarify.

Endless Love [[Vocal) I wonder what exactly that means. There is an instrumental version and then the "vocal" version. Is it as simple as it may seem? One track instrumental and the other track acapella? Or could it be a version with just a piano? Time will tell I guess.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Endless Love [[Vocal) I wonder what exactly that means. There is an instrumental version and then the "vocal" version. Is it as simple as it may seem? One track instrumental and the other track acapella? Or could it be a version with just a piano? Time will tell I guess.
    Haven't you heard? It's Lulu's "Demo" recording of the song!

I just emailed Funky Grooves about applying ROSS10 to existing orders and will let you all know what I find out...

ETA: Just got this answer back: "We will refund the 10% no problem" so if you've preordered them just email them and ask for the ROSS10 discount...
    Last edited by ejluther; 07-25-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks for the tip ejluther. I just emailed them and am getting the discount also.

Thanks guys for the heads up in regards to the discount. I also sent them an e-mail.

Yes, thank you very much for the tip. I have just sent an e-mail requesting the additional discount. This deal keeps getting better and better.

Well, I haven't gotten the refund yet but will post when I do...

An interesting take on FIGHT FOR IT! Glad to have it in CD at last.
    http://dianarossproject.wordpress.co...t-for-it-1984/

Just got my 10% back via Paypal - thanks to Lulu for telling us about ROSS10!

So happy these will be re-released in expanded and deluxe editions; however, I was hoping for more unreleased tracks. Surely there must be some in those RCA vaults!

Does anyone have an actual CD in their hands yet? Or are we still waiting for the actual release date? Is that a September 1 affair?

According to an e-mail that I just received, they are coming out September 29th. If you want to see bonus tracks, titles etc.. check out this link

http://www.funkytowngrooves.com/?utm...ing%20software

I just sent an email to funkytowngrooves and suggested that they add 2 more tracks to Red Hot Rhythm And Blues. Mr. Lee [[Edit) which appeared on the UK single, and Ninety-Nine And A Half Just Won't Do which has only appeared on her Boxset.

Good thinking noel181!

I pre-ordered all six over the weekend [[with the 10% discount), can't wait to receive them!

They have sound samples for all 6 albums now!

http://www.funkytowngrooves.com/!-PR...-Titles%29-/58

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Good thinking noel181!

I pre-ordered all six over the weekend [[with the 10% discount), can't wait to receive them!
    I too just ordered all 6 and got the 10% discount. Can't wait.. Early Xmas present for me!

Home Entertainment & News Funky Town Grooves Remasters Classic Albums by Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick & Others
    Funky Town Grooves Remasters Classic Albums by Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick & Others
    Thursday, 09 October 2014 14:39
    by Michael P. Coleman

In the liner notes to Diana Ross' 1984 album Swept Away, which has just been rereleased by Funky Town Grooves, Ross wrote "I want to...encourage you to write to me, your feelings and thoughts."

She doesn't have to ask ME twice.

"Dear Miss Ross,

Funky Town Grooves has done an INCREDIBLE job of restoring and remastering all six of your RCA albums from the 1980s. They have been expanded to include extended mixes, instrumental tracks, and single mixes, most of which haven't been heard in years. Three of your albums have been released as two disc sets.

As you originally released these albums - Why Do Fools Fall In Love, Silk Electric, Ross, Swept Away, Eaten Alive, and Red Hot Rhythm & Blues) at the dawn of digital recordings, the original releases were sonically lacking. In every case, these albums sound better than they ever have. Your cover art has been meticulously restored, and each release features a new essay along with chart positions for each of your singles.

Highlights to the discs include extended 12" mixes of "Work That Body", "Muscles", "Pieces Of Ice", "Swept Away", "Touch By Touch", "Eaten Alive", "Chain Reaction", and "Dirty Looks"; the rare "Fight For It"; your experimental forays into a variety of genres including reggae and rock; and the previously unreleased "Sweet Soul Music" from your 1987 ABC TV special.

Creatively, your six RCA albums are among the most ambitious of your entire career. In addition to the aforementioned, your Eaten Alive album is among your best, with "Oh, Teacher" featuring one of the sexiest vocal performances in the history of recorded music, several stirring ballads like "Experience" and "More & More", and your international smash "Chain Reaction". It is also a delight to revisit your collaborations with Michael Jackson, Luther Vandross, Lionel Richie, Ray Parker, Jr. and other legends over the course of your years with RCA.

Funky Town Grooves has done an excellent job with these rereleases, and I just thought you'd want to know. Also, please congratulate your son, Evan, for me on his recent wedding. I'm sure my invitation just got lost in the mail.

My Endless Love,

Michael"

As I had a little time on my hands awaiting Ross' reply, I thought I'd reach out to the folks at Funky Town Grooves. They say the Ross CDs are available for a limited time, and that other albums from a couple of other R & B divas are on the horizon.

"We've just started accepting preorders for three of eight Dionne Warwick albums that we're releasing: No Night So Long, How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye? [[produced by Luther Vandross), and Finder Of Lost Loves," said Craig Turnbull, Marketing Manager for Funky Town Grooves. Turnbull told me that all three will be expanded editions, as well, along with two Manhattans albums [[There's No Good In Goodbye and After Midnight). Down the pike, the label will be releasing expanded versions of two classic Aretha Franklin albums, 1986's Aretha [[featuring her #1 duet with George Michael, "I Knew You Were Waiting For Me"), and Through The Storm.

For now, we have the Ross collection to enjoy. Trust me: there's no bad place to start. I'm currently stuck on Diana's 1981 RCA debut, featuring her stirring solo take on "Endless Love". I KNOW she won't mind, because I'll be a fool for her...

Diana Ross' RCA collection, the two new Manhattans rereleases, and a host of other treasures are in stock at www.funkytowngrooves.com, where you can also pre-order the first of the Dionne Warwick re-releases, at promotional prices. The Warwick albums will be released November 3rd.

Michael P. Coleman is a Sacramento-based freelance writer. Catch up to him at michaelpcoleman.com, mikelsmindseye@me.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , or on Twitter: @ColemanMichaelP

Thanks Jobeterob...that was cute. Picking mine up at the U.S. border today . Looking forward to No Night So Long...one of my favourite songs.

Great news about Dionne and Ree's upcoming releases!