[REMOVE ADS]

America's next top model yaya set to play whitney

Definitely a better pick than Bobbi Kristina

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Definitely a better pick than Bobbi Kristina
    I saw Yaya in a play on Broadway and she is a very good actress.
    Last edited by nysister; 07-17-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo

Yesterday Wendy Williams said that the vocals will be done by Deborah Cox.

Uh, that would be a NO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Uh, that would be a NO!!!!!
    marv2, I agree! I think Deborah tone might be too harsh unless it's changed. I remember Whitney had a background singer that sound so much like her, inflections and all, that you could not tell when Whitney stopped singing. Whitney found that young lady in church.

smark21 Guest
    Well this is obviously an unauthorized project [[or a low budget one, or both). Why can't they just use the real Whitney's recordings for Ya Ya to lipsynch to? I wonder if this movie will be as awful at the Lifetime movie about Liz Taylor and Richard Burton which starred Lindsay Lohan at Liz?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Well this is obviously an unauthorized project [[or a low budget one, or both). Why can't they just use the real Whitney's recordings for Ya Ya to lipsynch to? I wonder if this movie will be as awful at the Lifetime movie about Liz Taylor and Richard Burton which starred Lindsay Lohan at Liz?
    Smark21, they probably were not able to obtain the rights to Whitney's recordings. I think it would be more authentic if they did use her recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    marv2, I agree! I think Deborah tone might be too harsh unless it's changed. I remember Whitney had a background singer that sound so much like her, inflections and all, that you could not tell when Whitney stopped singing. Whitney found that young lady in church.
    I believe youa re talking about Andrea McClurkin, she's gospel singer Donnie McClurkin's younger sister. She traveled with Whitney for several years as one of her bgv's and had an amazing singing range

Deborah is one of my favorite singers. She has the voice. In the 90's her tone was similar to what Whitney was sounding like then. They even did a duet together, and it was hard to tell who was who at times. Supposedly, here is a clip of Deborah singing "I will always love you" from the movie set. She sounds just like Whitney.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/19/whitne...ime-bodyguard/

And here's the actor cast as Bobby Brown ...Arlen EscarpetaName:  bobbywhit.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  45.7 KB