[REMOVE ADS]

Welcome to wildfire season

This seems to be an annual thread, but we've just had our third major brush fire start up here in Central Washington since the 4th of July. With 20 mph winds and highs in three figures predicted over the next week or so, I fear this is going to be a long hot summer. Just hope it isn't a smoky one like we've put up with the past couple years.

Our mayor's son is on a hot shot crew working this latest fire. I'll see if I can get some pictures.

We get them like Southern California now The only thing we can hope for is a heavy thunderstorm and monsoon season.

Well, it's definitely wild fire season. Last night, one of the area fires blew up big time, and took out about 90 homes north of here in the space of about an hour and a half. I was going to go see Peter Rivera at a real pretty outdoor venue tonight, but the air quality out here is absolutely terrible due to smoke and ash.

I've got some friends up in the area this news story mentions, and the guy who leases our town golf course has one that was in the path of the fire. The amazing thing is that no one was hurt......yet. And this fire is one of 4 major ones burning within a hundred miles of me.
    http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...-valley-fires/