[REMOVE ADS]

Baltimore and Detroit - A Musical Love Story

On the 4th of July I witnessed a near perfect musical collaboration between Detroit and Baltimore. It also marked the first time I shed a tear in almost 10 years.

Here's the shaky original corrected by YouTube version:

http://youtu.be/atzmGRPic34

Damon Gupton, Detroit native, conductor and actor [[The Divide premiering this month) conducted the Stuffings out of the Star Spangled Banner featuring Dije Coxson and the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra at Oregon Ridge Park. It was a near perfect "This is How We Do" collaboration between the two of them outdoors in front of a listed 15,000 people. Girlfriend brought her A-Game.

I had no tripod and nearly forgot the, "Will everybody please rise..." part. Damon went on the flawlessly conduct the rest of the concert, featuring Basso Soloman Howard [[a baaaad dude) in a very personal fashion. In addition to your regular Independence Day fare, the show featured music from Porgy and Bess, a Cuban orchestral piece, an excerpt from Cry the Beloved Country.....and an 18-song medley [[500 bux to whomever guessed every title).

I spoke to Damon both at rehearsal and during intermission and you'd be hard pressed to find a more personable, gracious and humble individual.

Damon's show, "The Divide" is on WE TV.....and it's gotten off to a great start after 3 episodes.