[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Love Unlimited

Love Unlimited

Does anyone know why Love Unlimited's "Under the Influence of Love" album despite hitting #3 on the Top 200 album chart and the first place where the #1 instrumental, "Love's Theme" first appeared......has NEVER been released on CD anywhere? ​And trust me, I've searched for years until I had to break a personal cardinal rule and converted most of the tracks from YouTube.

Good question. That best of collection that was released was "OK" but it did leave out quite a lot. They would be good candidates for a comprehensive boxed set.

[QUOTE=daviddesper;240100]Good question. That best of collection that was released was "OK" but it did leave out quite a lot. They would be good candidates for a comprehensive boxed set.[/QUOTE that is a fantastic album I remember when it first came out I still play my vinyl copy I think the record company was sold to casablanca and dont think they are operating today. I would love to see a cd outing]

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    Does anyone know why Love Unlimited's "Under the Influence of Love" album despite hitting #3 on the Top 200 album chart and the first place where the #1 instrumental, "Love's Theme" first appeared......has NEVER been released on CD anywhere? ​And trust me, I've searched for years until I had to break a personal cardinal rule and converted most of the tracks from YouTube.
    I guess I'm going to have to learn how to do that because I cannot for the life of me understand why someone hasn't reconciled this issue before now. I'd friggin' love a box
    set from this group. Why their cover of If This World Were Mine and songs like Is It True, Is It
    Really Me are not on cd as far as I know is a ding dang shame. I don't give a molly if it's not
    perfect audio, youtube is the only way I get to hear those tracks and I wish that wasn't the case...

Yes, strange when Barry's individual albums are available on CD as well as the Love Unlimited Orchestra's 'Rhapsody In White'. The 'Love Unlimited' album containing 'If This World Were Mine' and 'Is It Really Me Boy..' was released on CD by MCA many years ago [[I have it), but is now well out of print, of course.

It would be nice if "Under the 'Influence of Love" was released on CD. This is their only album that has not been reissued on CD. All of the tracks from that album have been reissued on CD except for: Say It Again, Someone Really Cares for You and Yes, We Finally Made It.

Where is David Nathan when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Where is David Nathan when you need him?
    I have spoken to David Nathan about "Under the Influence", and he cannot seem to get a straight answer either. As someone stated earlier, about 60% of the tracks can be located on various "Greatest Hits" and general complications.
    "Love's Theme" became an underground club hit before its success at radio. It seems that the Love Unlimited Orchestra's album became the focus for selling this single. It kind of made sense to create another vehicle for Mr. White's various projects....but, it seems like it was at the expense of the Love Unlimited female trio [[which is also kind of puzzling since Barry wed Glodean). Baffling.....and it's these kinds of flubs that lead to illegal downloading.