[REMOVE ADS]

Looking for a certain 45 if anyone can help?

The Celtics...Darlene Darling...Warr Conn.2216...Been looking for a cooy since i was a kid...Will accept one in ANY condition...Will make a very nice trade for a copy...Thanks in advance

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  21.1 KB
    What a great Detroit R&B group harmony record. Unfortunately, it's dead rare. I've been looking for it for over 50 years, too.

Views: 320
    Do you know about "thecyberranch.com" Doowop/Oldies Forum? You might make a post there. There are a lot of long time R&B collectors there. It seems to me that I've seen you post there, before. But, just in case I remembered wrong, I thought this was worth a try.

Hopefully by posting a photo of The Celtic's record label, someone's memory may be jarred enough to remember seeing a copy and contacting you, chess1458.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 8.45.55 AM.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  57.7 KB

Views: 283
    Anyone know anything about the War Conn label? Who were the people involved. Interesting that Higgins-West got the [publishing rights. I wonder if this was a label at least co-owned by Robert West. The street address doesn't seem to match any of West's Lupine or other label street addresses. During 1962, I think West was operating only Lupine, and a resurrected Contour Records. Maybe there was no involvement of Al Jackson, who had produced The Celtics 1958-59 recordings.

Thanks a bunch Robb K and Mark...very much appreciated

...just caught this on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSaZCIgD1zo