[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jimmy Scott RIP

Thank you, Smooth.
    Yesterday and today was particularly hard.
    Jimmy is here with me, this I know for sure.

BTW, Jimmy was 25 years old when that photo was taken in 1950 while recording and touring with the Lionel Hampton Orchestra.

S.S.

I haven't been able to post on SDF for a while, but I've been following this thread about Jimmy's passing.

Jeanie and I met here on SDF and formed a friendship that is stronger than biological sisters. I won't expound on Jimmy here. We all know he was The Master of Song and influenced more artists through the decades from various genres than any other single artist. I miss hearing his voice on the phone.

I would like to talk a little about Jeanie. The last 15 years of Jimmy's life were his happiest. Jeanie is responsible for that happiness and contentment. While his family or others might have tossed him in a nursing home years ago, Jeanie insisted on taking care of him at home. I talked with her every day and I know all she went through, and the loving tender care she gave him. Theirs is a TRUE love story. Jimmy knew Jeanie saved his life several times. He told me over and over how much he loved and appreciated his wife. He said she understood his life, his music, his mind and heart.

His life at home was wonderful. Jeanie also protected Jimmy from the brutality of the music industry during the years they spent together. She dealt with all the sharks and protected Jimmy from any further hurt and being taken advantage of by less than scrupulous people in the business.

I've mourned Jimmy's passing with her. It has not been an easy time, but I know Jimmy is looking down with love and pride. I'm grateful for the industry insiders and close friends who have come to Jeanie's aid during this transition. She deserves the best. Few people would do what Jeanie has done. Witnessing her love, devotion and strength has made me love and admire my best friend even more.

Jimmy will Rest In Peace when he knows Jeanie is being cared for as she should be.

All my love to Jeanie,

~~Mary~~

Name:  dizzys club thursday12.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  32.6 KB

Jeanie, Mary & Jimmy

Now you gonna make me cry, Mary. Thank you for the kind words. Jimmy was an angel and he loved you as well as my other close girlfriends. I miss his gentle love, there was never anyone like him and never will be. What an incredible man Jimmy Scott was on so many levels. He's with me, I see him everyday and talk to him, my guardian angel now.

S.S.

Jeanie,
    It was always my wish to have a private one on one with Jimmy. My respect for what he accomplished in his career holds no boundaries. Unfortunately, this never worked out and I deeply regret any missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    Now you gonna make me cry, Mary. Thank you for the kind words. Jimmy was an angel and he loved you as well as my other close girlfriends. I miss his gentle love, there was never anyone like him and never will be. What an incredible man Jimmy Scott was on so many levels. He's with me, I see him everyday and talk to him, my guardian angel now.

S.S.
    Yes, he is Jeanie. He's looking down at you with great love and pride. I spoke from the heart about you because people should know what a blessing you were/are in Jimmy's life. He is a national treasure and you gave him what no one else could - true love, happiness, contentment, and an excellent quality of life. You deserve peace, love and happiness for the rest of your life. Jimmy and others who love you would want nothing less.

~~Mary~~

Bless you my friend.

S.S.
    *** xxo

My dear Soul Sister Ive been out of the country for the past couple of months and have limited acsess to the internet but now Im back in the states and reading about your beloved Jimmy. Please know that you are in prayers and thoughts and know that your beloved jimmy is in heaven with his Lord and saviour and looking over you.

We little knew that morning that
    God was going to call your name.
    In life we loved you dearly,
    in death we do the same.
    It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone;
    for part of us went with you, the day God called you home.
    You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide;
    and though we cannot see you, you are always at our side.
    Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same;
    but as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.

Jimmy is with Jesus and and when God calls you home Jimmy will be waiting for you with open arms. May the good Lord watch over you Soul Sister and wipe your tears and may God flood your heart and your mind and your soul with happy memories of your Jimmy.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Thank you so much, Roberta.

Means a lot to me.

S.S.