[REMOVE ADS]

New Diana and Nile Collaboration?

Could this have been what the call from Diana to Nile was about? I wonder if he has a special song for Diana to sing, as well as this collaborative effort he talks about?

I'm just finishing up a new song for CHIC that's going to feature almost everybody that's ever sung with me. I can't wait to do that session

— Nile Rodgers [[@nilerodgers) June 11, 2014

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...-guest-singers

Would be great if this is the case!

smark21 Guest
    Unless the song is for charity I can't imagine Miss Ross singing with a bunch of other singers who've worked with Nile Rodgers in the past. Diana Ross is a superstar. She doesn't do ensemble.

I believe if the song is right Diana would be open to it

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I believe if the song is right Diana would be open to it
    The last time Nile did some charitable song, didn't she show up and not even do one line of a solo?

I think the operative words are

a new song for CHIC

and

everybody that's ever sung with me

If this song is for Chic then Diana wouldn't be involved, and AFAIK Rodgers was not a vocalist on Diana so she never sung with him either.

I would certainly love to hear them collaborate again though!

But has Nile actually sung with that many people? I'm inclined to think he meant it's going to feature just about everyone he's ever worked with/produced...at least I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    But has Nile actually sung with that many people? I'm inclined to think he meant it's going to feature just about everyone he's ever worked with/produced...at least I hope so!
    According to discosavvy...other credited vocalists who would have sung w/ Nile on Chic records include:

Norma Jean Wright [[vocals, 1976-1977), Luci Martin [[vocals, 1978?-1985), Alfa Anderson [[vocals, 1976?-1985), Audra Lomax [[vocals, ?-2002/2003), Sylver Logan Sharp [[vocals, 1992-present), Jessica Wagner [[vocals, 2003-present), Jenn Thomas [[vocals, 1992), Jill Jones [[vocals, 1996), Tawatha Agee [[vocals), Robin Anderson [[vocals), Briz [[vocals), Jocelyn Brown [[vocals, 1981-1982), Robin Clark [[vocals, 1977), Michelle Cobbs [[vocals, 1979-1982), Dennis Collins [[vocals), Diva Grey [[vocals, 1977-1978), Curtis King [[vocals, 1983), David Lasley [[vocals, 1977-1979), Ullanda McCullough [[vocals, 1979), Dolette McDonald [[vocals, 1982), Princesa [[rap, 1992), Fonzi Thornton [[vocals, 1979-1983), Luther Vandross [[vocals, 1977-1979), Brenda White-King [[vocals, 1983-1992)