[REMOVE ADS]

Fantastic Four: Were these songs ever released?

The recent death of Ralph Pruitt of the Fantastic Four made me wonder if all the songs they recorded for Motown/Ric Tic were ever released. I referenced Keith Hughes's Don't Forget The Motor City which showed titles for 33 songs ever recorded. Of these 33 songs, 16 were released on Ric Tic; 6 were released on Soul; 1 was released on both Ric Tic and Soul; and 4 were released on the Cellarful of Motown series - leaving a total of 6 that I am wondering if they were ever released.

The six songs are:
    1. Can't Forget About You Baby
    2. Don't Tell Me I'm Crazy
    3. [[I'm Gonna) Live Up To What She Thinks
    4. A LIttle Too Much
    5. We Can Work It Out
    6. You Turn Me Around

Does anyone have any knowledge of these 6 missing songs being available on any other compilations or collections?

"Don't Tell Me I'm Crazy" was on Tamla Motown Connoisseurs, Volume 2.

Unsure about compilations or collections, but '[[I'm Gonna) Live Up To What She Thinks' was the flip/'B' side to 'Girl Have Pity', Ric-Tic RT- 119
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 06-11-2014 at 06:54 PM.

thomas96 Guest
    I recall hearing "We Can Work It Out" sometime but can't think of where or when. Maybe it'll come to me.

Track 1 and 4-6 were all intended to be a part of "How Sweet He Is"! The album the group did that went unreleased.

While we're discussing unreleased material, the bspub discography stated that "How Sweet He Is" was supposed to be a gospel album. This obviously wouldn't of been the case. But did the Fantastic Four or Sweet James alone record any gospel tunes during their Motown period.

Very slightly off topic, but I thought I would slip in what I believe to be the only video of Sweet James Epps performing live. Not a Ric-Tic or Motown recording, in fact initially an Eastbound Records recording, then re=-recorded on Ian Levine's Motorcity records - a lovely live performance of a really nice song...

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 06-13-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  21.1 KB
    We slated "Don't Tell Me I'm Crazy" for the 3rd "From The Vaults" album in 1979. Too bad our series was dropped after only one LP. It was supposed to have 5, and if they would have sold well, go on to 10 [[and perhaps more, in blocks of 5). We may not have had to wait until all the CDs in the 2000s, if our project had panned out.