[REMOVE ADS]

Cowboys To Girls Album Finally On CD And Also Hi-Resolution

I'm besides myself. I get e-mails from HDtracks with announcements of new releases and to finally see some Intruders stuff in the e-mail made my day. I hope whomever owns the rights to the really old Gamble & Huff catalog will see fit to release all of their albums on CD and in high resolution. A truly great day in the music world for Intruders fans.

I also just recently picked up Archie Bell & The Drells, "There's Gonna Be A Showdown" and "Tighten Up" albums on hi-rez from HDtracks. Keep em coming cause it's not often you see black artist released in this format.

Yes great news that a complete Intruders album has been reissued - we've had compilations but no full albums up until now. It's a pity that Cowboys To Girls only seems to be available as a download though. Other sites than HDtracks have it as mp3 too [[although I think the UK price of £7.99 is a little steep for an eleven track reissue). I really hope it's the start of a complete reissue campaign for the group since the Sony/PIR deal. I was pleased to see 'Save The Children' as part of the recent PIR box, but hope it's going to be made available on its own.

LOVE, LOVE LOVE The Intruders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was on a show with them in September of 1966 at the Howard Theater in D.C., what a fun time. We rode with them in their station wagon from the Pitt Hotel to the theater with them.

Does anyone remember their bass player from back then named "E.J"?

S.S.

Soul Sister, that must have been a great time indeed. As big a fan as I am, I never saw them live. I don't remember them coming to Chicago back in the day but I'm sure they must have played here a time or two. If I had heard they were coming to town, I sure would have went to see them [[lol).

Alan, you make a good point about being just a download. They should release them on red book CD also. The Intruders have been treated like one hit wonders far too long but then again some one hit wonders have their stuff on CD. I'd like to get "Cowboys To Girls," "The Intruders Are Together," "When We Get Married," a reissue of "Save The Children" and "Energy of Love" in a box set that includes the singles released that don't appear on any of their albums like "Win Place Or Show" and "Pray For Me." I think a box set with all their albums and a good useful booklet with information and rare pictures would sell decently enough.
    Last edited by mr_june; 06-11-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Mr June, I love your comment that "The Intruders have been treated like one hit wonders far too long". Dead right. Your box set package would be a dream but I suspect it won't happen. However I certainly feel that we'll see more albums becoming available if only for download.

What a great group, with not only their group sound but also that unique voice of Little Sonny.

I remember seeing them live in London as part of the Philly package that came over in 1973. I bumped into Little Sonny who was wandering in the foyer during a break in the show.....but sadly I can't remember what I said [[if anything sensible!) or much about the show. Good memories though.

I would definitely support/purchase a box set of the Intruders.

Every other corner in East Baltimore had a guy with a wine bottle in one hand....and an Intruders song in his heart and lungs.

I can understand your joy, "amigo" mr_june...

This is a good "presagious" that can signifies the reissue of the whole G&H stuff, including some other albums from the pre - P.I.R. era [[New Direction, Louise Williams, Jaggerz,...) and the rarities of PIR and subsidiaries [[the two gospel compilations "Biannual Gospel College" or something like this, Ted Wortham & Co.,...).

The Intruders should have had this release a long time ago. I am happy that it has finally happened.

Best news I've heard all day!

Best,

Mark