[REMOVE ADS]

When Was This Picture Taken

I found this picture and wondered when it's from - looks like mid-to-late 90's.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post

I believe it was taken at the 1997 RRHOF ceremony where the Jackson 5 where inducted. Diana "I didn't really discover them" Ross inducted them that evening and SDFs "Senior Members" became collectively outraged and sent petitions to the White House to have the entire event retconned so that Bobby Taylor could show up and do the duty!

Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. If I recall, Barry Gibb brought MJ to the gig with Steve Gibb [[Barry's preteen son). That was how MJ got to the event. The other four brothers were in a limo. It also is striking how of all the performers who got inducted, the Jacksons didn't perform. Neither did MJ when he got inducted again as a soloist in 2001. I heard the other Jacksons had wanted to perform but MJ didn't. MJ was a bit of a diva at the event when he gave his speech. He was like "hey I don't like the camera here, I like it here." I'm sure he learned that from someone standing beside him lmao anyway yeah. This was in May 1997 in New York.

Look how much darker Barry is than Michael.

Click here to view the full image.

Click here to view the full image.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Look how much darker Barry is than Michael.
    Michael was a big fan of Pancake 31 and whatever bleaching cream was available.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Michael was a big fan of Pancake 31 and whatever bleaching cream was available.
    Poor Michael...bless his heart. I still love the guy. Hey y'all La Toya's finally getting married to Jeffre!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Poor Michael...bless his heart. I still love the guy. Hey y'all La Toya's finally getting married to Jeffre!
    That marriage ain't for real though lol

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    That marriage ain't for real though lol
    Well, at least she'll have a companion!