[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Remixed series

I searched for some mentions of the Motown Remixed CDs and couldn't seem to find any here. I enjoyed both of them and I just went to Amazon to see if there was any discussion of a vol 3 and based on the reviews I may be the only person who liked vol 2! I actually liked it more than vol 1...it had some serious low points but I still play a few of its tracks to this day.

I suppose it's more work to put together for Motown than to slap a few Supremes songs together and put out the 897th version of their Greatest Hits, but seeing more original/unusual releases from them would be great! I think there really is a market for it...the remix of the Tempts' Power from the Blackberry commercial was so well received they commissioned a full-length version and put it on the Tempts' latest hits anthology. No reason why that couldn't happen again on a larger scale if Motown spends a little time finding some quality remixers, and maybe nixing the CD "themes" so they don't have to limit themselves...

Tom Moulton would be perfect for the job and then we can finally hear his 20 minute version of Love Hangover that Motown was not willing to release before!

Absolutely right on jack020

Somewhere on You Tube [[and I was probably directed there by someone on here) there was a truly stunning mash-up mix of Ball Of Confusion by Undisputed Truth and The Temptations - I'd love to see that given an official release....

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Tom Moulton would be perfect for the job and then we can finally hear his 20 minute version of Love Hangover that Motown was not willing to release before!
    I love the remixes he did with the Philadelphia Sound. He keeps the integrity of the original and makes them better, not different. I have a fifteen minute Tom Moulton Love Hangover somewhere. I didn't know there was also a twenty minute version.

A Tom Moulton-themed one would be fabulous, and could definitely be marketed on the strength of Tom's reputation alone. Actually a non-Motown compilation would be fine too! If my copy of A Tom Moulton Mix were on vinyl I would have worn out a bunch of needles playing it [[it has a mix of Keep On Truckin for the Motown connection).

This is a new mix I found, I believe it was part of Jimmy's post-Motown career but it's one of his best I think, and Tom's mix is terrific.