[REMOVE ADS]

Smile The Sound of the Supremes - It's The Same Old Song BUT...

She ain't making any noise in the UK anymore! I got their May tour stopped and I know some members of this site and Motown Alumni also made contributions. Ragland is pissed with me [[Ahhhh) and she called Scherrie to tell her to tell me that I have to 'back off' interfering with her [[authentic) work. She [[once again) told Scherrie that she IS a Supreme to which Scherrie replied "No you're not" and Rag also reiterated that she IS a lawyer - again, not true because she FAILED the bar exam.
    Anyway, just take a look at these claims she's now making in the Australian press. Remember, she writes her own publicity as you will immediately see...
    http://www.murraymail.com.au/story/2311292/the-sounds-of-the-supremes-are-mandurah-bound/?cs=12
    Then I got this [[through Google alerts) today which I just had to reply to and set the record straight...
    http://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/2327010/competition-golden-era-relived/?cs=761
    Whether the newspaper concerned publishes my comments is up to them but it would be great if some of you would also let the Australian public that they are being duped. Stop In The Name Of Love? more like Stop! In The Name Of Music!!!

Whoever you follow from the real Supremes, please take a minute to set the record straight in whatever way you can.
    Regards,
    Steve Weaver.

good work, Steve.. keep it going..

Kudos Steve!

Just reading the dates and names in these two articles gave me a headache.

She writing her own press releases? She is as whacked as Shantel Baker.

Good for you, Steve! Thanks for all you do!!!!! Hang tough!

Also, when will the new tracks by Scherrie, Lybda, and Joyce be on iTunes and Spoitfy as you posted? I have been checking multiple times a week . Thanks

supremester Guest
    If she's an atty, why is she calling Scherrie? IF she is an atty, she should have the skills to craft a press release that tells the same story, only truthfully. All she has to do is write, "In 19__ _, Karen was asked to join original Supremes founding member Mary Wilson and loved touring as Mary Wilson & The Supremes. When Mary decided to go solo, Karen decided to keep the legacy alive and is proud to be bringing all the classic Motown originals to you soon." For heaven's sake, she's a dumb ass to make claims like being a Supreme - especially to Scherrie. I was onstage with Mary in 1983 as a Stop! invitee as I proudly recreated Ross' classic TCB wind-up, so I'm also a Supreme and am touring this fall as Geri Atric & the Supremes.
    Last edited by supremester; 06-05-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    If she's an atty, why is she calling Scherrie? IF she is an atty, she should have the skills to craft a press release that tells the same story, only truthfully. All she has to do is write, "In 19__ _, Karen was asked to join original Supremes founding member Mary Wilson and loved touring as Mary Wilson & The Supremes. When Mary decided to go solo, Karen decided to keep the legacy alive and is proud to be bringing all the classic Motown originals to you soon." For heaven's sake, she's a dumb ass to make claims like being a Supreme - especially to Scherrie. I was onstage with Mary in 1983 as a Stop! invitee as I proudly recreated Ross' classic TCB wind-up, so I'm also a Supreme and am touring this fall as Geri Atric & the Supremes.
    I, too, sang along with Mary [[real close to the stage) and SURELY, that qualifies me to be a backup singer! If we tour, I'll have to bring along my bedside commode. Age and safety issues, you know.

supremester Guest
    Great! I'll need it if the act lasts longer than 30 minutes.

Are the FLO's booked to perform anywhere this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Are the FLO's booked to perform anywhere this summer?
    The FLOS were suppose to perform with the Contours in Columbus a few weekends ago, but it got rescheduled to August.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    The FLOS were suppose to perform with the Contours in Columbus a few weekends ago, but it got rescheduled to August.
    Hey thanks Brad. IF you find out any details, would you be kind enough to share them here?

LadyLola Guest
    Very good work. But poor Scherrie had to deal with the screeching of that vile crow.

Here's my questions......

1: Why does this heffa even HAVE Scherrie's number?

2: why does Scherrie take her calls?

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post

Maybe the story is a load of caca?

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post

Those were my questions too. Karen would have no connection to Scherrie that I can think of unless it was back from the "lawsuit days."

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Those were my questions too. Karen would have no connection to Scherrie that I can think of unless it was back from the "lawsuit days."
    I think you all would be surprised at how small the entertainment industry is. Did any of you that one time temporary Supreme Debbie Sharpe is good friends with Scherrie Payne? So Karen having Scherrie's phone number don't surprise me at all. Karen thinking Scherrie would give a damn, now that would surprise me

Here's a new article on Kaaren Ragland's group :

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/s...upremes/?cs=12

smark21 Guest
    Maybe Kaaren got the number from Shantal Baker who replaced Scherrie's sister Freda in the Supremes? Small world you know.

Debbie Sharpe-another Supreme-and on the list grows!! She should start a group called the Supreme Sisters Sing with Marlene Barrow and Karen Jackson and somebody else , maybe Shantal's sister. Debbie sang back up for Mary, briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Debbie Sharpe-another Supreme-and on the list grows!! She should start a group called the Supreme Sisters Sing with Marlene Barrow and Karen Jackson and somebody else , maybe Shantal's sister. Debbie sang back up for Mary, briefly.
    I know that was a joke but that is something you would never have to worry about. Debbie is not that type person and she is constantly working as a singer, actress, and vocal coach.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Spending all this time and energy on a woman who gets five or six gigs a year at best, is a total waste of time and energy. It is much more productive channeling energy into creative endeavors than getting all worked up over a woman who sang with Mary Wilson almost three decades ago.

CE

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    Spending all this time and energy on a woman who gets five or six gigs a year at best, is a total waste of time and energy. It is much more productive channeling energy into creative endeavors than getting all worked up over a woman who sang with Mary Wilson almost three decades ago.

CE
    I agree. I'm just glad Diana, Mary, Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye are all still working and I'll continue to support them!

smark21 Guest
    I agree with CE. Isn't Ivyfeld producing the FLOS next album? Shouldn't he devote more time to finishing the album rather than going after the pathetic Kaaren Ragland and her tribute group that generally plays barbeques and street festivals and other low paying gigs a few times a year?

I never understood this either.

Sometimes people do what they have to do...it's called "survival".

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    That's the Mary rationale for suing Scherrie & Lynda & Berry and Ragland and losing all the time and then complaining endlessly til no one listens anymore.

Survival...........comes at a price.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I agree with CE. Isn't Ivyfeld producing the FLOS next album? Shouldn't he devote more time to finishing the album rather than going after the pathetic Kaaren Ragland and her tribute group that generally plays barbeques and street festivals and other low paying gigs a few times a year?
    I get your point but Ragland is messing with the SUpreme brand and possibly getting some of the booking that could go to Mary or the Flos not to mention receiving awards representing the Supremes

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    That's the Mary rationale for suing Scherrie & Lynda & Berry and Ragland and losing all the time and then complaining endlessly til no one listens anymore.

I didn't say I liked it, but am just accepting reality. I don't want to see anyone starve.

supremester Guest
    Actually, they're not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXRo4Yrypkc

I do think Marv will appreciate the zeal the writer put into their bio even more than I do:

http://www.soundsofthesupremes.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    I know that was a joke but that is something you would never have to worry about. Debbie is not that type person and she is constantly working as a singer, actress, and vocal coach.
    Debbie Sharpe is a great lady with integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

No that was not Mary Wilson's rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post

Well they are all close to retiring now so this mess should not go on much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    I get your point but Ragland is messing with the SUpreme brand and possibly getting some of the booking that could go to Mary or the Flos not to mention receiving awards representing the Supremes
    Rod_rick, she [[Ragland). is not getting any of Mary Wilson's bookings.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Rod_rick, she [[Ragland). is not getting any of Mary Wilson's bookings.
    Spoken with your usual air of authority, whereas in reality you have absolutely not a shred of evidence to back this up.

I have a hunch that Miss Wilson would have been more than happy to have accepted SOTS Australian gig[[s) if offered. At the end of the day, work is work

CE

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    Spoken with your usual air of authority, whereas in reality you have absolutely not a shred of evidence to back this up.

I have a hunch that Miss Wilson would have been more than happy to have accepted SOTS Australian gig[[s) if offered. At the end of the day, work is work

CE
    Mary has already played several major Australian gigs in the last 2 years, even appeared on television there several times [[once with Gil Askey.....) Kaarens group are not playing these types of high profile, paying opportunities. They will be lucky if they get a few local interviews down under.

Mary Wilson still works and loves to work but I dont think she is concerned about taking gigs overseas that would not be worth her time. I think she still likes doing her Up Close and Personal along with her Dare to Dream Speeches. I would love to see her go on the university circuit or high school circuit with the Dare to Dream Speeches. Mary would be a big inspiration to the teens we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Isn't Ivyfeld producing the FLOS next album? Shouldn't he devote more time to finishing the album rather than going after the pathetic Kaaren Ragland and her tribute group that generally plays barbeques and street festivals and other low paying gigs a few times a year?
    My thoughts exactly!

This release about the Sounds of The Supremes is a little more accurate. Kaaaaaaren does not say that she was a member of the Supremes. She says that she toured with Mary Wilson, one of the original members of The Supremes, from 1978 until 1989, and then Kaaaaren formed a spin-off group.

http://www.inmycommunity.com.au/goin...Perth/7661240/