[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    The 5D do such a great job on The Declaration. Richard Nixon gave it a standing ovation when they performed it at the White House
    The Fifth Dimension recall that when they completed the tune at the White House, it was received by stunned silence from the audience. Many in attendance knew that the song had been banned by the Armed Services. Nixon's ovation broke the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    The Fifth Dimension recall that when they completed the tune at the White House, it was received by stunned silence from the audience. Many in attendance knew that the song had been banned by the Armed Services. Nixon's ovation broke the ice.
    Thanks, Carole!!

Great show, Johnny! First time I ever heard Randy Crawford...great song.

Hey John, thanks for Taking Us Where You Go! It was mellow and fabulous. Great show. Thanks everybody - see y'all next time.

supremester Guest
    Sorry I missed the show that got rave reviews in my house. What song did you play from The April Fools that was, I'm told, the hit of the evening?

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Great show, Johnny! First time I ever heard Randy Crawford...great song.
    Thank, Kenneth!!! I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Hey John, thanks for Taking Us Where You Go! It was mellow and fabulous. Great show. Thanks everybody - see y'all next time.
    Joe....thank you so much! Always glad you're there!

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Sorry I missed the show that got rave reviews in my house. What song did you play from The April Fools that was, I'm told, the hit of the evening?
    Hey there, Gregg...sorry you weren't with us. The song was Mongo Santamaria's "La La La" from the OSR of "The April Fools" [[1969). I've always loved this very hard to find track. Here's the song......