[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Kenny you out yourself with this rrview thank u for sharing. I cant wsit for scherrie and sussye, s show comes to the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter

Four Decades Later, Two Final Supremes Give First Live Performance of Their 1979 Album 'Partners' -

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new....UpmMw4lx.dpuf
    Thanks for the link skooldem. The photo is great and the description of the night is pretty accurate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Thank Sophisticated Soul,i also saw someone video taping the show,i'd love to get my hands on a copy lol,i thought it would have been nice,had Mary Wilson showed her face in the place,just to show support,for her Supremes sister,i'm just saying
    I'd loved to get my hands on a video too! I haven't been able to find any photos on line yet either. Except the one at the link skooldem posted above [[post #94). Mary attending the show crossed my mine too. Now, that would have been something!

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Was Lynda Laurence or Cindy Birdsong there? I know Cindy has been ill....so, I understand her not being there. Seems odd Lynda wouldn't be there supporting two of the Flos.
    Neither was there. When Scherrie was discussing the history of the members of The Supremes and came to Lynda's name, she [[Lynda) got a very strong audience response. I thought it unlikely Cindy would be there, but what a moment that would have been! I probably would have lost it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Neither was there. When Scherrie was discussing the history of the members of The Supremes and came to Lynda's name, she [[Lynda) got a very strong audience response. I thought it unlikely Cindy would be there, but what a moment that would have been! I probably would have lost it completely.
    I think Mary would have supported the ladies had she been in town but if Im not mistaken she was on her way to a gig for Sunday the 6th. As for Lynda and can't recall her attending a Scherrie Payne or Mary Wilson solo performance. I remember back in the 80's she [[Lynda) and Mary both supported a Jean Terrell solo performance. I recall back in 2009 Scherrie mention to me that Lynda was planing to attend a Mary Wilson gig but she was out of town. I'm sure if Freddie Poole was in town she would have been at the show as well. I can say that Scherrie support all the ladies whenever possible.

Hit Pam up on facebook regarding her cd
    https://www.facebook.com/pam.vincent.31?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Kenny thanks for a fantastic review I cant wait for scherrie and susaye to hit the east coast. I will be playing my cooy of partners tonite.
    Thank you Franjoy! I really appreciate that, knowing how big of a fellow Motown lover you are!

It was nice how Scherrie spoke so warmly and in high regard for all the former Supremes. She really spoke warmly about Mary who also got a lot of applause from the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Hit Pam up on facebook regarding her cd
    https://www.facebook.com/pam.vincent.31?fref=ts
    Thank you very much for that information, rod_rick. I'm not on facebook and I didn't even think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks all. Was it sold out? Did Scherrie and Susaye engage in conversation from the stage? Any mention of other shows?
    By my estimation it was about 85% of capacity. I thought it was a good turnout though of course it should have been a sellout. Still, the room seemed full, there weren't many empty seats. Hard to gauge the number of attendees...maybe the others who were there can estimate better than I can. I'd say about 750...?

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Kenny you out yourself with this rrview thank u for sharing. I cant wsit for scherrie and sussye, s show comes to the east coast.
    I aggre he reuly out himself in the rvieww. I hope can see sherry andy suzzsey s
    show to.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLola View Post
    I aggre he reuly out himself in the rvieww. I hope can see sherry andy suzzsey s
    show to.
    Thank you Lady!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter

Four Decades Later, Two Final Supremes Give First Live Performance of Their 1979 Album 'Partners' -

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new....UpmMw4lx.dpuf
    When I first responded to this post, I said this description of the evening was very accurate to me. It should have been, it was written by Fred Bronson who was sitting next to me! I didn't realize he was the author until now. So much for by keen powers of observation! LOL!!!

Joseph

Do I dare post the picture!!!

Oh John Lester you are angel for finding this for me. Thank You so much. You are theboyfromxtown!

Scherrie and me!

Attachment 8276

Oh John Lester you are angel for finding this for me. Thank You so much. You are theboyfromxtown!

Scherrie and me!

Attachment 8276
    ....a shot of Tequila and a Tall drink of Water!!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    ....a shot of Tequila and a Tall drink of Water!!
    My Scherrie Amour and me. I think I'm gonna cry!

Well, it's a simply great picture, Scherrie looks wonderful.....and I'm just sat here, wondering how it is that your [[reportedly!) pink shirt is looking not only so very crisp, but also so very white.......

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Well, it's a simply great picture, Scherrie looks wonderful.....and I'm just sat here, wondering how it is that your [[reportedly!) pink shirt is looking not only so very crisp, but also so very white.......
    It was pinker in person

So am I.......LOL

Joseph, I am loving that great pic of you and Scherrie! I am so happy for you and loved reading your review. I so badly wanted to be there and would have made the trip for the show if I didn't have work and course assignments holding me back. I hope some video surfaces and/or that they do the show in a few more cities! Would love to see it. Maybe we need to start requesting it? It would do great in New York! I am so happy that Scherrie and Susaye are getting so much love and respect. So well deserved!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Joseph, I am loving that great pic of you and Scherrie! I am so happy for you and loved reading your review. I so badly wanted to be there and would have made the trip for the show if I didn't have work and course assignments holding me back. I hope some video surfaces and/or that they do the show in a few more cities! Would love to see it. Maybe we need to start requesting it? It would do great in New York! I am so happy that Scherrie and Susaye are getting so much love and respect. So well deserved!
    Thank you Carlo. I feel so blessed that I was able to attend, when so many others wanted to be there and couldn't. It was the most fun I've had in long time. I'm still walking on a cloud. This is going to hurt when I come down. LOL! Dig it man! A photo of just me and Scherrie! That is what I am talking about LOL!!! The event was surreal to me when it was happening and now that it has passed it all seems like some fantastic and wonderful dream I had.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I am so happy that Scherrie and Susaye are getting so much love and respect. So well deserved!
    And they were getting a lot of love and respect Saturday night! I think it's fantastic that "Partners" seems to be doing more for them this time around. And yes, they so deserve it!

After Charlo Crossley killed it, Scherrie and Susaye took the stage and did a great show [considering no sound check and only 1 rehearsal with the band]. I had not seen Susaye perform since the Roostertail shows in Detroit when Mary, Scherrie & Susaye was released. There was great chemistry between the ladies and they all looked fantastic. I hope more opportunities come their way. My partner, Carla Marlowe, who is my Art Director on photo and video shoots for RGP, kept saying, "Oh, I like that song. I've never heard that one." She repeated that throughout the whole evening. She had never heard anything except Scherrie's "Another Life From Now." She was blown away by the performances and the material. She demanded I make a copy of the CD for her to play in her car.
    Name:  10487591_10203023875532557_2479191350012293088_n.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  61.4 KB
    When it was all over, Pam and Joyce Vincent and Carla were glad to give their feet a rest. The Vincent Sisters were please with the appreciation for their hard word and Carla could only think about getting her very high heels off and slide into the slippers on the ride home.
    Name:  Carla 1601284_10203026576840088_8941211719627423615_n.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  72.3 KB
    Last edited by sgianatos; 07-13-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Sgianatos, thank you for posting these wonderful photos. That fantastic concert just keeps on giving.

I am also very grateful for the over 4,700 views this thread has received. I think that speaks volumes for how much folks want to see Scherrie & Susaye do more dates. I certainly hope they do. Thanks again folks.
    Last edited by sophisticated_soul; 07-14-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: update

Pam Vincent's hairdo reminds me of Mary Wilson's in the mid-60s.

Also, I was wondering, did anyone buy the Joyce Vincent CD? I'd love to know how it sounds.

Did Joyce have a CD too? I bought Pam's "Sings The Classics". I like it very much, five of the songs are Top 40 classics and the other five are American Songbook classics. The album is an organic project, production is simple and basic. Pam has a very soothing voice and this CD is very enjoyable to listen to.

Did Joyce have a CD too? I bought Pam's "Sings The Classics". I like it very much, five of the songs are Top 40 classics and the other five are American Songbook classics. The album is an organic project, production is simple and basic. Pam has a very soothing voice and this CD is very enjoyable to listen to.
    Sorry, I did mean Joyce. Thanks for filling me in.

If a picture speaks a thousand words, let me start with "Ooo-wee!"

That face! That hair! That outfit! That 'je ne sais quoi'! That everything!

Oh, and Scherrie looks nice, too.

[[Just kidding. Scherrie looks her gorgeous self.)

Photo of the Year! Am I right or am I right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    If a picture speaks a thousand words, let me start with "Ooo-wee!"

That face! That hair! That outfit! That 'je ne sais quoi'! That everything!

Oh, and Scherrie looks nice, too.

[[Just kidding. Scherrie looks her gorgeous self.)

Photo of the Year! Am I right or am I right?!
    LOL!!! Thank you Bruce. It's definitely the photo of my year that's for sure! Until the last second I didn't even know a photo was being taken. I had managed to get Scherrie off to the side of the crowd and asked her to autograph my album. As she was reaching for the pen someone said "look up". We both looked up and the photo was snapped, I had no idea who took it or if I would ever see a copy of it. It wound up on Facebook. A wonderful souvenir of a fabulous evening.