[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    swift actually says she likes the song "i'm gonna make you love me" by the temps & the supremes. she, quite obviously, doesn't have a very broad knowledge of either group's broad catalog!

A) Can there be a thread where we DON'T attack Marv for something? Literally all he said was that he didn't know Taylor Swift or her music. Big whoppin' deal...

Quote Originally Posted by thisoldheart View Post
    swift actually says she likes the song "i'm gonna make you love me" by the temps & the supremes. she, quite obviously, doesn't have a very broad knowledge of either group's broad catalog!
    Actually, IGMYLM is not one of those mainstream Motown songs that everybody today knows. Sure, it was a hit in its day and will be known to well-versed Motown fans like us, but casual "fans" of Motown probably won't know this one. I'm impressed that Taylor mentions this one, as opposed to saying the old "Stop!" or "My Girl", and is able to talk about its musical structure.

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    A) Actually, IGMYLM is not one of those mainstream Motown songs that everybody today knows. Sure, it was a hit in its day and will be known to well-versed Motown fans like us, but casual "fans" of Motown probably won't know this one. I'm impressed that Taylor mentions this one, as opposed to saying the old "Stop!" or "My Girl", and is able to talk about its musical structure.
    oh, i didn't want her to say "baby love" but rather "remove this doubt" or "going down for the third time. elvis costello recorded "remove this doubt" ... now, he is a person who knows music! he can also sing. i wouldn't say swift is any sort of song stylist, just a pop star who has sold a ton of records on her good looks.
    Last edited by thisoldheart; 05-28-2014 at 07:57 AM.