[REMOVE ADS]

Roger Robbs passes

Most of you have never heard of Roger unless you read my book "The Road Through Motown". He was a singer I was lucky to work with in bands many years back. Roger was a great lead singer who was hampered by a voice too close to Bob Seger. There was only room for one Seger, so Roger was out. It really didn't matter all that much to him. He was happy being a lead singer in a very good bar band. The final rendition of all the bands Roger and I went through was the Motor City Shakedown, with Joe Peraino of Power Of Zeus on lead guitar, Bill Jones of Power Of Zeus on bass, Randy Clements of the Human Beings on drums and yours truly on keys. It was a good bar band and we played some good old kick-ass Detroit Rock&Roll.

We had some times Roger. I've always missed your gravelly voiced question to me "Hey Terrana, you ready to play some Rock And Roll"? Rest in peace Roger. I know you're singing somewhere.
    Last edited by ralpht; 05-22-2014 at 06:26 PM.

I knew him from your book Ralph. I am sorry to hear this and you have my condolences as well as his family and other friends. Rest in Peace Roger!!!

Marv

Seeing your post on another thread today, I'm sorry I missed your post here of two whole months ago, Ralph.

I've just received your book. Am enjoying it much, and all the while thinking it took you a long time to get all that information together, let alone set it out for publication.

Those voices from old times just don't go away, and thank the Lord for it!

Thank you West. Glad you're enjoying the book.