[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Diahann Carroll, MOTOWN M6-805S1

Diahann Carroll has long been a favorite of mine: from the early films with Dorothy Dandridge to No Strings through July, Dynasty and beyond. Almost all of her albums have been rereleased on CD or in digital format but it seems her 1974 Motown LP only languishes in the vinyl world. Has anyone heard of a CD release of this album over the years? Her Dynasty days which carried her through to '86 seemed an opportune time to rerelease the album on CD as we were treated to a healthy dose of rereleases that year.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Diahann Carroll has long been a favorite of mine: from the early films with Dorothy Dandridge to No Strings through July, Dynasty and beyond. Almost all of her albums have been rereleased on CD or in digital format but it seems her 1974 Motown LP only languishes in the vinyl world. Has anyone heard of a CD release of this album over the years? Her Dynasty days which carried her through to '86 seemed an opportune time to rerelease the album on CD as we were treated to a healthy dose of rereleases that year.
    Sorry...should have posted this in the Motown forum.

I have always admired this album and hoped myself for a CD reissue. But I am pretty sure there never has been one.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I have always admired this album and hoped myself for a CD reissue. But I am pretty sure there never has been one.
    Thanks for the reply. I have the LP and have tried ripping it to mp3 but for some reason, it always sounds like it's being played at a slower speed - I'd love to hear what it sounds like in digital!

Thanks for the reply. I have the LP and have tried ripping it to mp3 but for some reason, it always sounds like it's being played at a slower speed - I'd love to hear what it sounds like in digital!
    I found this album at a yard sale, unopened. I have never played it so I don't know what it sounds like! But, I'd sure love to hear it.

Lulu Guest
    Its worth a listen. There's an Ashford & Simpson track. I'm trying to rip it in a higher quality though as it sounds a little slushy in 128.

Its worth a listen. There's an Ashford & Simpson track. I'm trying to rip it in a higher quality though as it sounds a little slushy in 128.
    Lulu,

That would be Diahann's version of "I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You" which was also recorded by Rita Wright [[Syreeta), Diana Ross and Dusty Springfield among others. The YT version sounds pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ahaDiDUhU

Enjoy!
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 04-25-2014 at 05:36 AM.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    Lulu,

That would be Diahann's version of "I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You" which was also recorded by Rita Wright [[Syreeta), Diana Ross and Dusty Springfield among others. The YT version sounds pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ahaDiDUhU

Enjoy!
    Yes! I was surprised just how many versions of that song I had in my collection!!!