[REMOVE ADS]

thomas96 Guest

Rubin "Hurricane" Carter just died

I had the pleasure of meeting him at my boxing gym a few years back. Fantastic man. This is heartbreaking. The Hurricane will live on forever.

I just saw this on the CNN ticker tape. I had the greatest respect for Ruben "Hurricane" Carter and his story was very inspirational to me. He taught me that life is not always fair,but we can overcome. He was a great man in my opinion and will be missed by many. Rest in peace Hurricane and thank you for being you!

Marv

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I just saw this on the CNN ticker tape. I had the greatest respect for Ruben "Hurricane" Carter and his story was very inspirational to me. He taught me that life is not always fair,but we can overcome. He was a great man in my opinion and will be missed by many. Rest in peace Hurricane and thank you for being you!

Marv
    He was my whole inspiration in my short-lived boxing career years ago. The man would've been champ if he didn't have his life robbed from him. He could really pack a punch for a middleweight.

I met him in 1966 before his arrest with my friend Barry who lived in Paterson, Ruben was sitting in front of his mother's house on a lawn chair. They chatted for quite awhile before we left. At the time he looked scary to me, lol, he was quite the boxer then.
    R.I.P. Ruben.
    Name:  rc.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  86.1 KB

S.S.