[REMOVE ADS]

Mark debarge recently busted on drug charges and senteneced to 6 mos in jail

It really breaks my heart to see one of my favorite families still continuing to fight these demons http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/04/debarg...d-drug-arrest/ . On top of that El DeBarge was recently on Arsenio Hall Show and he's not looking his best. Even in his interview he stated that he was only here "by the grace of God". I wish them the best in their recovery.

Here's the Arsenio interview:
    Last edited by glencro; 04-20-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    It really breaks my heart to see one of my favorite families still continuing to fight these demons http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/04/debarg...d-drug-arrest/ . On top of that El DeBarge was recently on Arsenio Hall Show and he did not look or sound his best. Even in his interview he stated that he was only here "by the grace of God". I wish them the best in their recovery.
    Glen, you know what? I use to feel like you do,but I have known about the Debarges "problems" before they became this famous so you know they have a very long history with drugs and misbehavior. I am not one to judge but when is enough, enough? I mean we were all barely into our 20's when El was "doing his thang" over in Grand Rapids & Detroit. Fast forward 25-30 years later and Mark and some of the rest of them are still doing it! I've just about run out of sympathy, empathy for that whole group! Sorry but that is how I feel today.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-20-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Marv, it's sad to some because it is a lost opportunity for a family to pull themselves up and beyond their circumstances. Instead, we find that in spite of talent, they are nothing special. I don't feel bad for them because they are happier popping pills than popping out hits. God bless them with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Marv, it's sad to some because it is a lost opportunity for a family to pull themselves up and beyond their circumstances. Instead, we find that in spite of talent, they are nothing special. I don't feel bad for them because they are happier popping pills than popping out hits. God bless them with that.
    Jerry, if I could tell you just 25 % of the mischievous mayhem these guys, this family has been involved in going way back to their Grand Rapids days you would either blush or shake your head in amazement. I, like most looked the other way or always accepted their excuses or reasoning for way they did the things they did [[and some of it is unprintable, trust me!) mainly because I was proud of their success. But it comes a time when we all have to stand for ourselves and give an accounting of our actions. These are not children or teens from the hood anymore. They are who they are! I am not sad. I just buried a childhood friend a month and a half ago who died suddenly from the after effects of too many drugs over too long a period of his life. He was a great guy, a good kid, excellent athlete, but the drugs took him down and caused extreme misery for those that loved him.

Like you, I pray that God will bless them
    [[as he already has in many, many ways....), but I am tired of hearing about their escapades.

Marv

Marv, I totally understand you feeling the way you feel. I've known people on drugs and after a while you do become immune to having any sympathy for the choices that they've made. I grew up and watched crack sweep through the neighborhoods and destroy many lives. It was nothing but God's grace and some very protective parents that myself or none of my siblings got "caught up". I've only met El but growing up certain artists I hold close to my heart, despite their flaws. Seeing them still battling this does sadden me still. Just wish them all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Marv, I totally understand you feeling the way you feel. I've known people on drugs and after a while you do become immune to having any sympathy for the choices that they've made. I grew up and watched crack sweep through the neighborhoods and destroy many lives. It was nothing but God's grace and some very protective parents that myself or none of my siblings got "caught up". I've only met El but growing up certain artists I hold close to my heart, despite their flaws. Seeing them still battling this does sadden me still. Just wish them all the best.
    Understood and thank you Glen for understanding my current position on all of this. Yes, it makes me sad too and I do hope that they and others survive. I also know that some do not try hard enough to get away from all that and when they get in trouble again, they expect all those that do care to drop everything and come running..........

I am closer to sharing Marv's opinion on this. Rather than seeing a family of singers whose potential was diminished by their lifestyle, perhaps they are really just a family of crackheads whose lives were briefly made better by their talent? Our survival as a species has always been based on self-preservation. On some twisted level, what junkies do is what makes them happy, so do not feel sorry for their choices in life.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 04-26-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I am closer to sharing Marv's opinion on this. Rather than seeing a family of singers whose potential was diminished by their lifestyle, perhaps they are really just a family of crackheads whose lives were briefly made better by their talent?
    Jerry, crackhead does not come close to covering it all, but you nailed it with your statement....." perhaps they are really just a family of crackheads whose lives were briefly made better by their talent".

I have seen crackheads, drug addicts and all types of assorted thugs that had no way out once they got in deep. These people, the DeBarges had talent, they even had contracts at one time and they threw it all away!!! They are a rough bunch that came from a rough environment, but that is not an excuse anymore.