[REMOVE ADS]

"Rock & Roll Lullaby" Question

My roommate constantly plays the classic "Rock & Roll Lullaby" by B.J. Thomas in the car, and a question came up...just who exactly is performing in the background on that song?

Wikipedia says it's the Blossoms, Diamonds' lead vocalist Dave Somerville and Duane Eddy. I've heard it's the Chiffons and the Beach Boys, and it damned sure SOUNDS like the Beach Boys! Unfortunately, I don't have the original album with the song to see what credits are there [[if any). Can you guys help? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Mark

Interesting question. Wiki says one thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_an...Lullaby_[[song)

Many of the answers differ from site to site. One message board stated the following:
    The answer is - no. The bvs on that are by Dave Sommerville, Ron Hicklin, Tom Bahler & Gene Morford.

Another one stated: As a matter of fact, I went to a B. J. Thomas concert back in the 70's and He said that the Beach Boys did do the background vocals for this song. I figured he wouldn't lie to his fans.

From RateYourMusic: I didn't have high expectations for a B.J. Thomas song called "Rock And Roll Lullaby," but I failed to count on some solid pseudo-Beach Boys harmonizing.

You got me curious now Mark but who knows? Someone has to know and I think BJ would be the best source. Very puzzling.

Barbara Lewis did an early 70s version of this song on Warner Bros. label.

The correct answer, according to the inner sleeve to the original album [[Billy Joe Thomas), appears to be a mixture of two of the above answers, namely The Blossoms - Darlene Love, Fanita James and Jean King with Dave Sommerville, Ron Hicklin, Tom Bahler and Gene Morford.No mention of The Beach Boys at all!

It's not the Beach Boys. In an interview I read, B.J. said he wanted Brian Wilson to do it but, it didn't happen.

Duane Eddy's on guitar, right?