[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha Franklin vs. Patti Labelle

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/music/pat...etha-franklin/

Is this a joke?

There are a number of articles around regarding an unhappy meeting at the White House recently, but this one seems new.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    http://www.thenewsnerd.com/music/pat...etha-franklin/

Is this a joke?

There are a number of articles around regarding an unhappy meeting at the White House recently, but this one seems new.
    Yes. This is a satire site.

And why was this posted in the Motown Forum as opposed to Soulful Detroit?

Like I said, this forum has no sense of humor.

This is satire and besides from that gif, nothing indicates to me really that Patti and Aretha don't have a problem with each other. They're 70, what would be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    This is satire and besides from that gif, nothing indicates to me really that Patti and Aretha don't have a problem with each other. They're 70, what would be the problem?
    I feel better because I see that this is being picked up on Facebook and it's being taken as the truth.

I will see if I can find the video of what inspired it all. I saw it this morning.

Supposedly Patti issued a statement saying that there was no snub, as artists can be really focused on getting to the stage. She also said that she prays for Aretha daily, and advised people to have Kleenex ready when they watched Aretha's performance of AMAZING GRACE.

supremester Guest
    Looked like some major snub to me but she IS he Queen and has no obligation to acknowledge the riff-raff that may get in her way. They are an interesting pair. I don't follow Patti at all and Queen Ree only slightly, so I don't know their history, but, wisely, Patti is clearly taking the high road - publicly - on this. I'd give two of Mary's kept flames to know what Patti said about it behind closed doors.....maybe had her thugs rough up another cadet?

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    And why was this posted in the Motown Forum as opposed to Soulful Detroit?

Because certain individuals feeling that their presentation will get more attention in the Motown forum!!!!That is WHY they do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Supposedly Patti issued a statement saying that there was no snub, as artists can be really focused on getting to the stage. She also said that she prays for Aretha daily, and advised people to have Kleenex ready when they watched Aretha's performance of AMAZING GRACE.
    Aretha also released a statement laughing it off. Saying that on the day it allegedly took place, Aretha was planning her usual birthday party celebration in New York [[wonder why she doesn't celebrate her birthday in Detroit anymore). Billboard added information saying that it was funny that Aretha [[and Patti for that matter) didn't know it was a satire site.

It's like "come on they're 70 and old school, they wouldn't think that ish was funny [[as Aretha would say) or cute [[as Patti would say)."

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Looked like some major snub to me but she IS he Queen and has no obligation to acknowledge the riff-raff that may get in her way. They are an interesting pair. I don't follow Patti at all and Queen Ree only slightly, so I don't know their history, but, wisely, Patti is clearly taking the high road - publicly - on this. I'd give two of Mary's kept flames to know what Patti said about it behind closed doors.....maybe had her thugs rough up another cadet?
    I do not consider Patti LaBelle "riff-raff". That is offensive. She is a living musical legend that many including myself love.

This was all simply a case of being in a hurry to get to the stage. Aretha does not act like that normally.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post

Excellent! This is why folks ought to stop with the lies. You never know who's listening or watching..........

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I do not consider Patti LaBelle "riff-raff". That is offensive. She is a living musical legend that many including myself love.

This was all simply a case of being in a hurry to get to the stage. Aretha does not act like that normally.
    That is right. Aretha may be the "Queen of Soul," but, even if she had "snubbed" her, being the "queen" doesn't make it excusable to act that way at 70 years old. But good for them for clearing the air. Neither are "riff raff." They are both fine singers with excellent, well-established careers.

smark21 Guest
    Given that there's a disclaimer on the site that this is a satire, I suspect the suit will be tossed out. Aretha's lawyers will get paid nevertheless.

supremester Guest
    I was kidding about the riff raff, as I hope YOU are about being offended about a musical legend being slammed. [[I mean considering you do the same on a daily basis to a much bigger legend than Miss Patti.) Nice try, though and thanks for the laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I was kidding about the riff raff, as I hope YOU are about being offended about a musical legend being slammed. [[I mean considering you do the same on a daily basis to a much bigger legend than Miss Patti.) Nice try, though and thanks for the laugh!
    The ultimate in irony, the ultimate tongue in cheek, the ultimate "caught in the act" or two.