[REMOVE ADS]

The Motown Screen Savers

Over the years I've put up on flickr.com a lot of Motown screensavers, for PC/Smart Phones; & facebook covers.
    There are far to many for individual links, so here are the links to the sets, go through them one by one, and download what ones you want.

The Motown Album Discography
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/...7629938065374/

The Motown facebook covers
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/...7629695063329/

The Motown Calendars
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/...7628231266311/

The Motown PC & Smart Phone Wallpaper
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/...7623689976576/

Diana Ross in Concert in the round at Wembley
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/...7629965612546/

The Miscellaneous Album covers
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/...7627790419251/

Stone Diamond, I continue to marvel at your work. Well done! Thank you for organizing your Motown-related images here. Every so often over the last several months I've attempted to save or download some of your images to no avail. I suspect there is some sort of a mismatch between Flickr and my browser [[AOL). I'm not all that computer savvy [[despite what woodward believes) but I keep trying. I'll "break the code" one of these days.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by JL2648 View Post
    Stone Diamond, I continue to marvel at your work. Well done! Thank you for organizing your Motown-related images here. Every so often over the last several months I've attempted to save or download some of your images to no avail. I suspect there is some sort of a mismatch between Flickr and my browser [[AOL). I'm not all that computer savvy [[despite what woodward believes) but I keep trying. I'll "break the code" one of these days.

Jeff
    They've changed the set up recently, so now you have to click on a picture, this brings it up in it's own window. Then look to all the stuff on the right hand side, you'll see three dots, click on that, and go to "Download/All Sizes". Now click on the box that says "Original" and it'll download the screen to you're PC.
    I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Diamond View Post
    They've changed the set up recently, so now you have to click on a picture, this brings it up in it's own window. Then look to all the stuff on the right hand side, you'll see three dots, click on that, and go to "Download/All Sizes". Now click on the box that says "Original" and it'll download the screen to you're PC.
    I hope that helps.
    Stone Diamond, well, almost, I think. Once I click on "original" and then "download" it gives me but one choice to save it as--"all files"--as opposed to .jpg and other options. "all files" is basically useless as it eseentially saves a blank file.

Jeff

Stone Diamond, well, almost, I think. Once I click on "original" and then "download" it gives me but one choice to save it as--"all files"--as opposed to .jpg and other options. "all files" is basically useless as it eseentially saves a blank file.

Jeff
    I've just tried it on a friends laptop. Just highlight "Original" then click on "download", and it downloads the original size screen.

I don't see the front cover of THE MARVELETTES GREATEST HITS. Am I missing it?

it works

thanks

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    it works

thanks

edafan
    Well spotted! I've just had a look, and I've forgot to put them up with the rear covers. I'll put the mono and stereo covers up for you tomorrow, for you.

I've just tried it on a friends laptop. Just highlight "Original" then click on "download", and it downloads the original size screen.
    Stone D., when I hit download, the next screen has the file name and below it, "Save as Type". This latter contains "All Files" only in the window next to it--there is no other choice. So when I hit save and try to pull up the file, the system asks me what program do I want to use to open the file. I am able to open it in Windows Photo Viewer but this seems limiting. How come I am not able to save it as a .jpeg or bitmap?

I'd attempt this on my computer at work, as an alternative, but Flickr access is blocked there.

Jeff

Stone D., when I hit download, the next screen has the file name and below it, "Save as Type". This latter contains "All Files" only in the window next to it--there is no other choice. So when I hit save and try to pull up the file, the system asks me what program do I want to use to open the file. I am able to open it in Windows Photo Viewer but this seems limiting. How come I am not able to save it as a .jpeg or bitmap?

I'd attempt this on my computer at work, as an alternative, but Flickr access is blocked there.

Jeff
    Personally I've never come across this problem so I'm flying blind here.
    When you download a screen to a PC, the image goes to your download folder. On most browsers, there is a link to that folder either on the bottom bar of the browser, or the top right hand corner. all screens will appear in your download folder as a default jpg. It's already saved, but if you don't have an art package, you can load and save in Windows picture viewer. But a good alternative is the free art package "Gimp". use Bing or Google, to find it and download it, for a free app, it's very good, and will give you all the basic tools you will need.
    I hope that helps your problem.

Here are the links for the front covers of The Marvelettes "Greatest Hits"

Stereo = https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/13841569835/

Mono = https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/...n/photostream/

supremester Guest
    These are great, thanks. I'm doing Disney Classics - but I think it looks better here than the album art would have in '67 or '68.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    These are great, thanks. I'm doing Disney Classics - but I think it looks better here than the album art would have in '67 or '68.
    Cheers, that was my third version of that cover, I didn't like the other two so took them down.

THANKS, Stone Diamond!!!!!

Here are the links for the front covers of The Marvelettes "Greatest Hits"

Stereo = https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/13841569835/

Mono = https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_tom/...n/photostream/

Stone Diamond, last evening I did the same routine as before and was surprised to see ".jpg" appear in the "Save as Type" window. With that I was able to save a half dozen of your images. When I went back later it was back to the dreaded "All Files" [[only) in that field--even for the same images I had previously successfully saved. I don't know what happened--it was if the wind direction had changed. I'll keep trying.

Jeff

I've just been seeing if there is another way, and found that when you go to download, and highlight the original size option, if you right click, a dialog box pops up, and there is an option to "Open Link In new tab" Clicking on that option, actually downloads the screen to your hard drive.
    I hope this works for you.

Stone, just tried that and it worked like a charm, initially. It turns out it saved it as a blank file and I had to open it with "Windows Photo Viewer". I don't know how this can be converted to a .jpg.

Stone Diamond, now I was just able to save a slew of your images as .jpgs. I used the same routine as before. I don't understand it but took advantage of the conditions being right. Thank you for your guidance and patience. These images are wonderful!

No Probs, I've been there far too many times myself :-)
    I remember back in 1991 I upgraded from D-Paint to Photoshop, and thought I'm never gonna get my head around this. But once you get over the learning curve, the worst is over.