[REMOVE ADS]

Sly and the family stone stand album

Hello soul music lovers! Below is a link to an article I wrote spotlighting Sly & the Family Stone's classic "Stand" album. Hope you enjoy!

http://soultrain.com/2014/04/10/clas...-stones-stand/

This is my favorite S&TFS album by far! It's his best, IMO. The CD remasters sound wonderful, too!

A great Sly album - almost a greatest hits! [[I'm afraid I never could get into There's A Riot Goin' On despite its acclaim.)

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    A great Sly album - almost a greatest hits! [[I'm afraid I never could get into There's A Riot Goin' On despite its acclaim.)
    Same sentiment here! Maybe it has something to do with Sly playing on "There's A Riot Goin; On" pretty much all by himself.

This was one of the great albums of all time! Thanks Funkyone71 for remembering it and helping us to remember.......

Marv

Great review, funkyone. Loved that album. Have to say I also loved There's A Riot Goin On...
    I didn't know how much turmoil was goin on in the group's history and Sly's life at the time
    and probably wouldn't have cared. Family Affair was the funkin' bomb back then, drum machine and all. It was a time when my parents and I both enjoyed a lot of the same current
    music and nobody was ashamed of it. Africa Talks To You was just too funky for me to ignore
    and Runnin' Away if you listen to it closely is the definitive root of Prince's whole sound IMHO...

Thanks everyone for your compliments!

This album can be described in one word-BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!