[REMOVE ADS]

Automatically Sunshine

An interesting take.....

Where are Mary and Jean when we need them! LOL! All kidding aside, it seems that the great songs the Supremes made in the '70's get covered a lot. I remember a few years back a group of Japanese singers covered "Bad Weather" on Youtube. These girls here sound like they may be German or something.

Lulu Guest
    Very interesting take! One of my favorites actually from the 70s lineup. These ladies are Russian if I'm correct in looking at the language on their YouTube page.
    Last edited by Lulu; 04-10-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Those bandanas are classy looking.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Those bandanas are classy looking.
    Penny
    Well,if these gals are Russian, those would be babushkas!

Here check this out....."Bad Weather" as done by our Soul Sisters in Japan!

LadyLola Guest
    I like. I like. Russia has come far from stuff like this. But looks like that Putin putz has a woody for the old USSR days.

LadyLola Guest
    That Bad Weather video is pretty cool. But I still love this one.

Jean sure can sing. I like how Linda and Mary got their dance moves going.

I enjoyed that Bad Weather performance from the Japanese sisters. They studied Jean and the Supremes to a TEE! A great performance. thanks Marv. Now to listen to Jean, Mary & Lynda's performance from Soul Train. YEAH!!!

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    I enjoyed that Bad Weather performance from the Japanese sisters. They studied Jean and the Supremes to a TEE! A great performance. thanks Marv. Now to listen to Jean, Mary & Lynda's performance from Soul Train. YEAH!!!
    Asian chicks give drag queens a run for their money when it comes to "doin" the whole 60s soul sister homage!

Huh? How did drag queens get in this conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLola View Post
    That Bad Weather video is pretty cool. But I still love this one.

Jean sure can sing. I like how Linda and Mary got their dance moves going.
    That terrell gal was all voice, that is absolutly the best performance of bw ever kudos to jmc for executing a fabulous performance. Terrell was allowed to oversing it to t our delight, I have this whole show on vhs and I refuse to part w it.

whoever said "the difference between diana ross and the supremes and the supremes was pop vs r&b" was right. i love both groups, but jean's voice has a whole lotta soul! seems people are starting to warm up to "bad weather"! jeez, i wish stevie coulda made an entire album with them!

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    That terrell gal was all voice, that is absolutly the best performance of bw ever kudos to jmc for executing a fabulous performance. Terrell was allowed to oversing it to t our delight, I have this whole show on vhs and I refuse to part w it.
    Whos trying to take your vhs from you frances? That is your property Frances so dont let them take it in fact have the VHS tape transfer to a disc and then hide it.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

That is a great idea roberta I have to put that along w 10 things to do on my wish list lol.

supremester Guest
    I like the Soul Train performance, however I feel this is the best I've seen - I think there is even a better one but I can't find it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpaMqDeU-0I

PS If you are holding onto priceless VHS tapes, know that the format is dying quickly and parts for players are no longer being produced. I have a bff in the biz. You should transfer anything you want ASAP - tape also deteriorates with age.

Here is my favorite live version by them from the Bob Hope Special. Jean was more than awesome..........!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here is my favorite live version by them from the Bob Hope Special. Jean was more than awesome..........!

I like this performance, Jean was right on here the gowns are flwless bought during the jmc era, but Jean's voice did not capture the essence of the Soul Train performance that she ad libbed so well. wasn't there another performance on Kate Smith where they sang it. Does anyone know of the jmc jml group ever sang automatically sunshine on tv or in us concert.

. wasn't there another performance on Kate Smith where they sang it.

LadyLola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

This one is good. But I like the Soul Train clip better.