[REMOVE ADS]

RIP former Crusader ... WAYNE HENDERSON

I've just heard the sad news that the former member of THE CRUSADERS has just passed on.

http://www.soultracks.com/wayne-henderson-dies

As I type this London based JAZZ-FM is playing a selection of tracks dedicated to him, including this one that was a big favourite of mine upon release ....

RIP - WAYNE HENDERSON

Roger

Damn.
    Loved that man.
    RIP, brother...

One of the best! Rest in peace Wayne.

Marv

Tragic, tragic news. I play the Crusaders' albums regularly on my ipod, especially Southern Comfort and Chain Reaction. RIP Wayne.

The Crusaders remain one of my favorite bands. The early records especially were remarkable. Henderson, Wilton Felder, Joe Sample and Stix Hooper played so well together and I'm sorry to hear about his passing.

:-[[ :-[[

The Crusaders, jointly with Chick Corea, Ramsey Lewis and George Duke were, form my teens, my favorite jazz - fusion artists and my particular "door" to explore and to know more jazz and fusion artists.

My two favorite albums are, as in the case of Hotspurman, "Chain Reaction" and the 2 x LP "Southern Comfort", IMHO the best fusion between jazz, rock and funk. But there are a particular track on "Those Southern Knights" called "Serenity" where the genius of trombonist Wayne Henderson, IMHO, is at his zenith, what powerful and mellow at the same time.

Some other favorites of mine is the Wayne Henderrson - Roy Ayer's "Weekend Lover". Appart from his discography solo, with The Crusaders and Roy Ayers he was a very good producer / arranger [[some of my favorite Dramatic's songs were produced by him and some other of the group Side effect).

Rest in peace this great musician and many thanks for some of the most mellow and precious musical moments.

Scratch was one of my favorites.