[REMOVE ADS]

Woman Of Soul In Perfromance At The White House on PBS

Black female singers define the evolution of blues, soul, jazz, R&B and rock and roll IN PERFORMANCE AT THE WHITE HOUSE which will be telecast Monday April 7th on PBS.

Among those performing for the President & Mrs. Obama in the East Room if the White House are Aretha, Janelle Monae, Patti LaBelle and Jill Scott.

[[Sorry for the misspelling of performance in the title, but editing did not allow me to change it)

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Black female singers define the evolution of blues, soul, jazz, R&B and rock and roll IN PERFORMANCE AT THE WHITE HOUSE which will be telecast Monday April 7th on PBS.

Among those performing for the President & Mrs. Obama in the East Room if the White House are Aretha, Janelle Monae, Patti LaBelle and Jill Scott.

[[Sorry for the misspelling of performance in the title, but editing did not allow me to change it)

I like the misssspellllling LOOK Perf Romance

short for Perfect Romance

we all want that.

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    I like the misssspellllling LOOK Perf Romance

short for Perfect Romance

we all want that.

edafan

Cute ! I like it. Thanks. I feel better about my error

smark21 Guest
    Isn't this where President Obama misspelled RESPECT while giving a speech? If so, then the misspelling in this thread is appropo.

What a great evening of soul. Aretha's "I Never Loved a Man the Way I Loved You" was electric. Jill Scott did something I never thought could happen with "Rock Steady,' and that is to equal Aretha's fire. Janelle Monae was the bomb tipping her hair helmet to Shirley Bassey channelling her iconic rendition of "Goldfinger." Patti LaBelle tore it up performing "Lady Marmalade." It would have been the icing on the cake if Sarah Dash and Nona Hendryx could have joined her. Plus tributes to Donna Summer and Tina Turner were highlights.

Kudos to the Obamas for being hip enough to invite these women of soul to the White House, and for being cool enough to be moving and grooving to the music as well. In Canada all we get is Prime Minister Harper playing piano singing "I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends."
    Last edited by R. Mark Desjardins; 04-08-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Great, great show. To me Jill and Patti were on fire. I had wished Nona and Sarah there too but I do give Patti props for say their names as singers of Lady Marmalade. I believe she said"my friends Sarah Dash and Nona Hendryx."