[REMOVE ADS]

Jean Carn song question

Just heard her wonderful song "Love Don't Love Nobody" on Pandora. Does she do her own backing vocal on that one? Especially that soft operatic treatment toward the end of the song? Great track!!

I prefer the Jean Carn cover than the original by The Spinners. And I hate the fact that the nice scat at the end is so short. She, IMHO, should have "exploited" more this vocal style on her songbook, the scat and high notes the two things I likes on Jean Carn and Billy Paul.

Those are the Temptations singing on Jean's version

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Those are the Temptations singing on Jean's version
    I think you are confusing "Love Don't Love Nobody" [[which was recorded during Miss Carn[[e)'s time at P.I.R) with her version of "If You Don't Know Me By Now" [[which was recorded during her brief period as a Motown artist) Glencro.

Looking at the sleeve notes for her Motown L.P. "Trust Me", the background vocalists on "If You Don't Know Me By Now" are listed as THE TEMPTATIONS [[Otis Williams, Melvin Franklin, Richard Street & Glenn Leonard).

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    I think you are confusing "Love Don't Love Nobody" [[which was recorded during Miss Carn[[e)'s time at P.I.R) with her version of "If You Don't Know Me By Now" [[which was recorded during her brief period as a Motown artist) Glencro.

Looking at the sleeve notes for her Motown L.P. "Trust Me", the background vocalists on "If You Don't Know Me By Now" are listed as THE TEMPTATIONS [[Otis Williams, Melvin Franklin, Richard Street & Glenn Leonard).

Roger
    Roger, You are so right...Thank you for the correction...My bad

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post

Roger
    Btw, you learn something new everyday. I had no idea that Jean was ever signed to Motown. I have a double cassette "JEAN CARNE 21 LEGENDARY TRACKS" and it's on there. I wish they would release that on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Btw, you learn something new everyday. I had no idea that Jean was ever signed to Motown. I have a double cassette "JEAN CARNE 21 LEGENDARY TRACKS" and it's on there. I wish they would release that on cd.
    Aha!! It looks like that JEAN CARN[[E) LP was one of those Streetsounds "Artist Showcase" compilations, does it include her version of "Let's Stay Together" [[Done in collaboration with BOBBY M) which came out on Gordy and even made the lower reaches of the U.K. chart?

Roger

Yes Roger, "Let's Stay Together" is on it also. Here's the track listing

We Got Some Catching Up To Do
    Lonely Girl In A Cold Cold World
    My Love Don't Come Easy
    Trust Me
    I'm In love Once Again
    [[No No) You Can't Come Back Now
    Bet Your Lucky Star
    Start The Fire
    When I Find You Love
    Love Don't Love Nobody