[REMOVE ADS]

Keith Hughes... next Ace?

It's been awhile since Ace has offered a Motown release. May we expect some news from Ace in the Coming soon- Preorder now section for May or June?

I certainly hope so it`s seems like ages since the Brenda Holloway outing. I look each week in the hope of a hint of anything. Keith I think I`m going mad - please help me!

If you check the ACE Facebook page something is planned but not at least until July at the earliest, as the May & June release schedule has been filled apparently. No idea what is due but the latest message says that as the projects haven't been cleared yet, they can't announce them, but as soon as the projects have gone through "the legal" [[whatever that involves) they'll update the thread.

I cannot find an ACE Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    I cannot find an ACE Facebook page.
    In Facebook, type Ace Records in the search box; I just did.
    I see that it was Mick Wilding who was seeking information about them in the Recent Posts by Others section.
    Thanks for alerting us to the Facebook page, booty.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 04-06-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Berry,

You missed a crucial letter, so I'm posting the full address needed:

https://www.facebook.com/acerecordsltd

Carole, I think the FB page says nearly all there is to say. We have two products all ready to roll out as soon as we can get them cleared by Universal Music. Both contain previously unissued stuff from the Vaults.

This month's Ace releases include a "fun time" release, "Come Spy With Us" [[http://acerecords.co.uk/come-spy-with-us) which contains two fairly hard-to-find Motown tracks - not the real deal, I know, but I hope I'll be able to bring you better news soon.

Thanks Keith for the wonderful news. I `m fizzing at the bung in anticipation!

Motown should have "leased" THE SUPREMES SING AND PERFORM FUNNY GIRL to Ace. Just think of the terrific treatment it would have received!

I don`t think that Ace have the rights for any first line Motown acts. Then I`ve been wrong before!
    Look why can`t you purchase an album of "Funny Girl" and transfer it to a digital format. I have had do it to albums that I didn`t think would ever be released on CD.I would much prefer an expanded version of "Sings H.D.H." or "A` Go-Go"

[QUOTE=keith_hughes;221213]Carole, I think the FB page says nearly all there is to say. We have two products all ready to roll out as soon as we can get them cleared by Universal Music. Both contain previously unissued stuff from the Vaults.[QUOTE]

Yes, Keith. I do recall that you stated that the first work you had planned was going to be comprised of 50% previously released and 50% previously unreleased, and the second 100% previously unreleased. If we've waited this long and will get them back to back or in close proximity of each other, then it should definitely be well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    I don`t think that Ace have the rights for any first line Motown acts. Then I`ve been wrong before!
    The new Ace comp I mentioned earlier contains a Supremes track, and we included two such on "Finders Keepers", Roger. "Clearance" depends on many factors.

Thank you Your Grace ! Is it "Finders Keepers Motown Girls Vol. 2" ? You`ve got my curiosity going now, can`t you tell us more. Please!

Someone appears to be fizzing!

honest man Guest
    Edwin Starr,Fantastic 4,jj Barnes, Motown Anthologies Spinners vol 2 in any order please.